Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    Gary your probably right well I'm in a door at wegmans when I get unloaded I'll be heading up to the yard I have to get the lights fixed on the trlr they went out 20miles from reciver trried to figure out myself but can't find out the issue so ill let the shop figure it out plus I need work on my tractor found air leakk and check engine light pops on n off so ttyal gary u should've stayed at the pilot in hesperia its only an hr away to vernon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    Just a bit of info for you guys double check your truck after it comes out of the shop... i was going up 476 right before the lehigh tunnel i was mt so you know how fast i was rolling and my right tie rod end fell off the spindle... looks like the mechanic that worked on it last week forgot the cotter pin to lock the nut on.... no damage just one pissed off driver........

4. Trucker4Life05

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    yea i hear ya i was doulbe checking my brakes when i left i some how blew the rear seal off this truck but i think it already happen before i got it

5. Trucker4Life05

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    Man where is everyone it got quiet on here and rhino was nice to meet ya the other day

6. MicksRule

MicksRule Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    Hey Trucker, sent you a pm

7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    What a shame, I now have to join the real world. What a wonderful cruise the wife and I had. Got home this afternoon around noon and am now getting my stuff ready in case I need to leave tomorrow.

garylobo Thanks this.
  8. garylobo

garylobo Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Kissimmee, FL
    Johnny Welcome home buddy, I'm glad you made it out and back in one piece! Between hurricanes, world upheaval in general and all those waves, I held my breath for you pal. Glad you're home, and sorry, but you have to go back to work now, ok? :)

Just got back from Cali this morning - delivered at 7am at in Pottsville. Always a pleasure there, no drama. In fact, the biggest drama on this whole trip back was the melting ice leaking from the trailer from the broccoli I was hauling. The first night at the truck stop looked like a river coming from the back of my rig! And it continued almost all the way home, though to a lesser degree. But I'm glad to back in P-Town, waiting for the next word from Louie tomorrow.

I would go back west again, but I don't think there's time to do another run and then be back south in FL by Monday the 22nd. I need to deliver no later than that date, then take my week's vacation for Thanksgiving week cause I have my mom coming in the 23rd to see us for the week, mostly to see her 2.5 year old crazy granddaughter. These two love each other more than they do me! I'm jealous. ;)

The thing I love about Calex is that there are very few surprises - if you give Louie plenty of notice, he gets you where you need to be, when you need to be there. I'm grateful for that because I know it's not always that way in every company. I don't know how he does it, but he does, bless him.

So another 6000+ miles in 2 weeks - another good month under way, and looking forward to the upcoming holidays, when we might be able to enjoy a little extra family time. That always makes me happy.

Johnny, welcome back again - can't wait to hear about the midnight onboard buffets and your ports of call.

God bless all...

9. Lindalavish

Lindalavish Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010

Hi Johnboy, I'm new to this forum. My boyfriend is home for the 1st time this weekend after his 5 week training period w/ Swift. He will get his own truck on Monday to start his solo OTR driving. I am not happy w/ this truck driving thing, but glad that he has a job after being unemployed for two years. To me, the pay isn't worth the time he will be away from home. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but he is a very good father to my 8 yr old son and a very good boyfriend/husband and I love him and want him here w/ us.

I read several of your post and like what you've said about the company you now work with. We live in Ellenwood, GA - it is south of the Atlanta area. Does the company you work for hire truckers from this area?

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    They do, but only on a needed basis. They also require a minimum of 2 years driving in order to be hired. I know how tough this is on you and your family, but if you can be patient, and allow your boyfriend to get at least one year under his belt his job opportunities will be a lot greater than they are right now. I will say this, an understanding women at home makes for a very happy and productive truck driver. It will be tough, but if you are strong and supportive you both will benefit from this career he has chosen.

rookietrucker Thanks this.
  11. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS

We also have >> The Ladies' Room the ladies here can be supportive with advice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.