Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I left Lake Park at 7am as they were calling for tornado's in the area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Well that's probably the closest we'll ever come to meeting one another, I pulled back on to 84 at 7:15am, better luck next time I guess. BTW, the Great American Chrome shop at exit 2 is pretty nice, friendly owners, great selection, and good prices. Hopefully one of these days we can grab coffee or lunch or something, until then safe travels, and if you're out there on 75 in the Valdosta area and hear people hollering on the CB about getting stuck going up the hill, that's our unrully crowd of trash haulers doing our best to slosh through the mud.

4. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    So close yet so far. We'll meet sometime, I'm quite sure. Lunch will be on me! Gotta go deliver, talk soon.

5. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    Well here I am getting unloaded at wegmans after I'm empty ill head to the yard and see if louie as a load for me to go back home I have a drs apptment on the 24th I have the parents coming in on wensday for thanksgiving Thursday this will be the first time my dad gets to see his granddaughter for the first time since she was born 18mnths ago but y'all have fun and a good thanksgiving

Hitman and The Challenger Thank this.
  6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Todd, are you headed home? I'll be in the yard in the morning. I'm at the Petro for the night.

7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I emptied out in Spartanburg SC around 10am yesterday and was thoroughly entertained by this women driver for US Express. It took the receiver less time to unload me than it did for her to back into her assigned dock. I guess I should be thankfull I left with my hood attached to my truck.

I dead headed to Cleveland TN for a drop and hook and made it as far as the Petro on 81 at the 29 mm and called it a night. I woke up with 525 miles to go and made it to the consignee at 5pm and dropped my trailer there. On my way up Louie called and said to see him in the morning for my Florida/Thanksgiving load. He sounded a little out of sorts so I told him I'd check with him in the AM. Five minutes after hanging up with him my reload info came over the computer. Load tomorrow in McElhattan PA and deliver on Tuesday at 5am at the same customer I was at this past Monday, then home for the rest of the week. As I was reading my load info Gary called, he was already at the terminal and had gotten his load info, same as me except he delivers Monday instead. Good for him, he has his Mom flying in for the Holiday and is taking his vacation next week. Enjoy pal, you've earned it!

Like I said last year at this time, holidays are a tough time for any dispatcher, especially when you are a small company like Calex and all your drivers that live in Florida are at the wrong end of the freight lane. This is now my second holiday season with Calex and I'll be home for the holidays again. We all are headed home this weekend for Thanksgiving. Thanks Louie!

The Challenger and Hitman Thank this.
  8. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    Must be nice cause not all everyone gets to be home I'm still stuck here at the petro they want to send me t ohio or new orleans than out west but he's not guarateeing me home for my drs appt or for thanksging I'm about to turn the keys in tommorow and fly home not a very happy camper right now

9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Well I'm home. I got here this evening around 7pm. I deliver Tuesday at 5am in Orlando and will be home for the holiday.

10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    This is a very slow week. I'll leave the house around 10pm to head up to Orlando. I'll bump the dock as soon as I get there and be empty and on my way home around 9am tomorrow. I'll be off until Monday then head back out. This honey do list is becoming one big pain in the ***.

11. jrotra

jrotra Light Load Member

May 27, 2010
    Inverness , Florida
    :biggrin_25514:
    Hey Johnboy, glad you made it home for Thanksgiving , sorry about the honeydo list but I guess we all have those to deal with, it kinda comes with the job and being gone but it is nice to be able to get home when we can. I wanted to thank you for this thread and the opportunity to follow your adventures with Calex . I'am so glad that I have had this chance to learn of this company , they have been a very good fit for me and my family so far. Louie loaded me out of Marriana Fl. on the 16th to Newburyport Mass.to be delivered on the 18th . A 1350 mile run hard but good then loaded me out of Auburn Mass. on the same day to be delivered in Plant City Fl. on the 22nd at 1900 then home for Thanksgiving myself I told Jason that I would be available for a dispatch Fri. He said he would see what he could find. I hope you and everyone that follows this thread and at Calex has a good holiday.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.