Calex Logistics

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Dsparil, Apr 7, 2017.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    So many things have changed I don't know the answer to any of those questions.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dsparil

Dsparil Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Where in California did they take the produce?

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    They generally Haul Dry Goods or electric wheelchairs out west to maybe Las Vegas Nevada and pick up produce in Salinas California or Bakersfield California or Yuma Arizona or El Centro California or Wenatchee Washington and bring that produce back to Milton Pennsylvania to Weis Markets Distribution Center. They generally schedule your delivery 5 days from the time you get loaded and head out and it only takes you a maximum 4 days to drive the trip if you run legal with plenty of time to sleep or go sightseeing so you generally get your 34-hour reset while you're waiting to get unloaded.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  5. Dsparil

Feb 23, 2017
    Hmmm cool beans. If local doesn't work out, I may switch to that. Glad to hear they don't go to any major cities out west. Saves a lot of headache.

6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    If you call LA, SF, Portland and Sea/Tac not major cities, then you'll be ok. That's where I went with them. Oh, and the occasional Canada run to Toronto.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. Dsparil

Feb 23, 2017
    In that case I'll stay local LOL. I heard NYC isn't bad as long as you get in before 5 am. How long does it take to get into Canada?

8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Just as long as it takes to pay a toll, as long as the paperwork is correct. Coming back to the US is harder, what with the pleasant people they hire at customs. (Sarcasm)

9. Dsparil

Feb 23, 2017
    Passed road test. Orientation may 3rd. Pay is .34 CPM starting off. Hopefully it's per diem. I think with all the bridge pay etc, it'll work out fine. All babies gotta crawl before they walk. Ten speed was hellishly nice. Much nicer than the craptastic stuff we had in the driving school.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  11. Dsparil

Feb 23, 2017
    Who is TommyTrucker88? Don't see a post from them.

Oh and an update: 2014 Volvos and all their new 2017 stuff is automatic. They've actually got quite a few Volvos lying around.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Need4Speed Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.