Call to Duty

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by TruckDuo, Jul 6, 2013.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I've been on this forum for about 6 months. The whole time I've been here....other than 3-4 USX employees....no one else who works at USX posts stuff. Potential employees probably post more than actual employees. I know from reading other sections of this forum that there are more of us on here. You know what I think of that ? Pitiful ! Schneider, CR England, Swift, Con-Way, etc have more going on than us. USX is one of the biggest trucking companies out there so there is no excuse. More of you who work at USX should share your thoughts, advice & experience on here.

It is your Patriotic :3some: duty in the information age to share so others can also be successful at US Xpress.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    from that emoticon....it looks like your patriotic duty is to DP someone.....

JakeBrakeRem Thanks this.
  4. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Not posting hear means one of 2 things.

1, they are kept very busy and make tons of money and thus dont have time to post here

2, They get payed poorly and need to run as hard as possible to make anything and thus dont have time to post here

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  5. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    I'm very busy and making a ton of money.

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    there are LOTS of companies with TONS of employees that don't post here.

3 million drivers. but only about 100 people on this forum. give or take a few. and half of those are wanna bes that don't even have a license yet.

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  7. Oaker

Oaker Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    SW Ohio
    [h=3][​IMG]Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 2,129[/h][​IMG]

[h=3][​IMG]Total members that have posted on the forum in the last 24 hours: 537[/h]
    As a Wannabe... I am fortunate there are experienced truckers who will take the time to answer questions.

Most often it's constructive information of value to many... not always though.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  8. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

I agree; I'd like to see more USX drivers active on this forum. This is an awesome recruiting tool that few companies are taking advantage of.

Even though my post count would indicate otherwise, I consider myself a lurker on most of these groups. If I have a question about a company, I do a search on it rather than make a post. My Google-## is strong, but when the most recent post about something is 5 years old, then something needs to be done.

Most of the busier groups that I've been in have one or two high profile posters that have been with the company for a while, and a half dozen other regulars that chime in from time to time. They also tend to have an active "What's your 20?" type of thread going, which contributes to a familial atmosphere. A pinned FAQ/What to Expect post is a good idea; it covers things like pay rates, inverters, APUs, pet and rider policies... whatever comes up regularly would be a good thing to include in the thread.

I'll be finishing my schooling and getting my CDL in the next couple of days, at which time I'll be making the decision on who to go drive for. USX is on that short list, and my decision will likely be ultimately based on what I read here on TTR.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  9. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Just remember to consider the source. Some people on TTR are flat out against training companies. They bash them every chance they get even though they never actually worked for one.

10. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL

Exactly ! That's why its so important that employees who are at starter companies share information. Problem is that their sharing on other sections of this website but not in the USX section. We need more participation on here. People like me who haven't been at this company for very long can benefit from your experience. If people don't want to then what's the point of being on here. This is a forum to share thoughts, ideas & experiences.

11. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

This is also why it's good to have a couple of high profile posters who are quite knowledgeable about a company. For the various companies I've considered, I can generally pick out the few whose opinions and knowledge I trust. If someone comes on and says something about a company, and then one of the high profile people comes on and says something different, I know who I'm more likely to believe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.