Can I HOTWIRE any KW

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Ladytrukr, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Ladytrukr

Ladytrukr Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2017
    So I hired a driver to drive my most precious VAluable "MY 2006 KW W900L" somebody please say if can get hit wired bcuz he LOST THE KEY!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mslashbar

mslashbar Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2009
    elizabeth,co
    If you go to KW with vin and proof of ownership they should be able to cut a new key for you.

4. Ladytrukr

Ladytrukr Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Crazy thing is the KW where the truck is Doesn't Cut keys ! I verified everything with them already though...

5. mslashbar

mslashbar Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2009
    elizabeth,co
    Cheapest way then will probably be to buy a new key switch and change it out.

Ladytrukr Thanks this.
  6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Truck key cylinders are really poor security. Just get something to pick it with and Bam, you can get it to a dealer.

Ladytrukr Thanks this.
  7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    And get a second cut to hang under hood for when you lock yourself out.

Ladytrukr Thanks this.
  8. Ribeye

Ribeye Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Always carry one key in you pocket with extra ignition key, trailer, sidebox keys, and separate ignition key. So always have one key on you is case you lock yourself out.
    Even after I was doing this habit for yrs, once in KS winter, I jumped out half awake to check reefer like at 2am, had my shorts on but not pants with keys. That old freightshaker would sometimes lock itself when shutting it?!! Luckily I banged that door hard one time, and prayed i think, and it unlocked itself, still remember that from like 20 yrs ago.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    QuietStorm and Ladytrukr Thank this.
  9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Locksmiths need work too you know. :)

10. Ladytrukr

Ladytrukr Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I musTve called about 20 locksmiths in that area... one was on a job and too far away, everyone else just didn't want to do the job because I had no key at all...

11. Ladytrukr

Ladytrukr Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I had 3 extra keys ... one home one in my car and my partner has one. Somehow the only one I can find is my partners key and he's left it in his office at work. I have kids that touch Everything and they go into my office when I'm not home, and S.O. Is on a business trip and the car is parked at the airport until Monday. I seriously can't believe that this is happening this week, of all weeks to me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.