Can someone answer this please!!!

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Tcainmayne, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Tcainmayne

Tcainmayne Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Ok I’m tryna understand If I had a injector problem this whole time then why when I put my new egr cooler and egr valve on the truck ran good for 2 weeks then the egr cooler pops again 2 more times untill they decided to check my injectors now if that was the case wouldn’t the truck still run bad even when I got all that put on from the jump instead of breaking 2 weeks later and why wasn’t my injectors codes popping up ... I then put new engine harness new turbo actuator new egr cooler new egr value and now injectors how couldn’t the dealer catch this from jump since I kept getting a check fuel filter code they check fuel pump and housing and said all that was good but can somebody explain to me how was the truck still running good with the bad injectors

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sdatruckinginc

Sdatruckinginc Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Depend on motor and truck I have a Volvo D12 all kinds of codes injectors and others it was bad egr some components Will cause other codes to pop good tech knows this and will check but first hand experience has shown me very few techs only part changers just spent 3 months chasing a power issue on mine to finally find a bad sensor no shops could diagnose it cause no codes good luck

4. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017

Deleted post. Sorry wrong thread

5. Tcainmayne

Dec 20, 2018
    Yeah I have a d13 engine and that’s crazy a measly ### sensor smh

Sdatruckinginc Thanks this.
  6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Trucks can run "fine" with weak injectors.

Most people don't notice a problem until 30-40% power reduction.

Bad combustion on these emissions trucks beats on the emissions systems hard.

Remember the old days you ran injectors until they totally gave up.

On new trucks if you run them that long it trashes the emission system in the process.

Most injectors have lost a lot of spray efficiency beyond 500k miles and slowly keep degrading until a problem is noticed or they fail.

7. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    So did you only do all this work at 1 dealership or more then 1? The real issue......getting the initial diagnosis right. Parts changers throwing every part they can until the O/O is bankrupt.

Tombstone69 and KB3MMX Thank this.
  8. Tcainmayne

Dec 20, 2018
    Yeah I did it at a dealership basically they went off of codes that was on my truck because of the check engine light and yeah that’s all they doing because thell fix something then 2 weeks later the truck breaks down again with the same check check fuel filter code

9. Tcainmayne

Dec 20, 2018

10. Amram

Amram Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    I have had 8 sets of injectors put in. Last set had a flutter from the very first day installed. Truck has never thrown a single injector code.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  11. Tcainmayne

Dec 20, 2018
    Did you get a check fuel filter light on the dash

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.