Canada Dedicated Ikea

Discussion in 'Knight' started by docbirkman, Sep 2, 2012.

1. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Yes lebec services a huge area. I've hauled loads to Houston and even Georgia out of Lebec.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    They got a DC in Jersey also.

4. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Figured they had a DC out east, and most likely also south as say Atlanta. Guess coast-to-coast modal trains are still cheaper than going thru the Panama Canal by ship (?). Bet the Georgia freight was some of the Mexico product from Otay Mesa and collected in Lebec for transport over land eastward....

NOTE: I saw the revival of the railroads many years ago when just-in-time freight became less important by better advanced-scheduling to save $$$, and that coast-to-coast trucking started going down hill. And as long as freight is in 'transit' it is not on the inventory roles! Driving out west, most of the trains that I saw were carrying steel containers (or autos!), and the longer trucking runs were drying up...look at all the TV commercials pushing freight by train on TV the past several years (CSX)...

ALSO: I remember reading about 5 yrs ago that the majority of trucking besides local delivery was going to be local areas of distribution from freight that was transported by air to air-freight terminals (such as the one by the DFW airport) or major rail heads. No longer 'long-haul' trucking as dominant in the trucking industry but only to meet tight-delivery schedules...trucking would come down to less than 100-200 mile runs and back to the freight distribution port! Aka, mainly local distribution'..!!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.