Canadian Owner operator advice

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by mmhasan1, Jan 22, 2021.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    When you start letting your kids run the company, and decide that pushing everyone beyond their limits is the best way to make money, it doesn't take long. Checkout their latest google and indeed reviews, if they haven't already been taken down. They sure can't keep O/O's very long, and those they do keep, seem to be going 75mph everywhere.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phantom Trucker

Phantom Trucker Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Calgary, AB
    Wow. That isn’t a good review. I figured they were decent simply because I hardly ever see their ads on the job boards. Think I’ve only seen 3 in the last 5 years or so. Not that I’d run for them or do reefer work again.

4. Andersontrucking

Andersontrucking Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2018
    From what I have been told by cardholders that Petro Pass is the only card that works both Canada and the US

5. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    I believe Husky/esso has a network of over 800 fuel locations in North America. Pretty sure they are in an agreement with T/A petro

6. Prairie Trucker

Prairie Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2021
    So true - unless you have at least 5 trucks you cannot make any $$$$ - your best bet would be to run to the US from AB - or try to get direct with the shippers - like the sugar mill, Alberta Paper, lumber loads (they don't pay well), salt - good luck to you -

7. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I’ve actually pulled all those loads at one time or another as an ABL contractor. So I know what’s involved, and wouldn’t even bother doing it on my own. No sir, ABL, Landstar or IC for IHaul is all I’m up for; until that UPS doubles job calls me back.

Also out of all those loads, Windsor salt out of Chippman AB or Belle Plane SK were the worst. ANC paper out of Whitecourt AB wasn’t great either.

8. mmhasan1

mmhasan1 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2020
    do you know any place or company that has loads from edmonton to calgary back and fourth? Im trying to see if thats an option.

9. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Bison forsure (They're currently hiring AB only Regional O/O's), TransX (LCV, Tridem and Single), CPX/Versacold (LCV, Tridem and Single), Orlicks (not sure if they still use O/O's or not), Rig, Syndicate, New Way (depending how desperate you are).

10. clearis19

clearis19 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2021

11. betamaxxx

betamaxxx Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Hi im planning to be a lease o/o with ihaul, offered me $1.55, between paying insurance and fuel, I don’t think there is good enough money to be made, want to ask for your advice thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.