Cantaloupe vs. McDonald's

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Dave_in_AZ, Apr 8, 2017.

Which would you have chosen?

1. Cheeseburger and extra salty fries.

20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. Cantaloupe & Avacado.

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Gotta have a balanced diet. Not rocket science. What your genetically predisposed to matters as well.
    Look at Dad. 87 years old. His A1C & cholesteral numbers are like a little kids, and he eats 3 to 5 eggs a day.

The only way for me not to balloon up is diet and exercise. There was a dispatcher at work, that stopped drinking alcohol and lost almost 30 pounds, changing his diet only slightly. I was 185 / 190 forever, but that was also doing electrical work, A LOT more physical, then quit smoking. Now I really have to watch. It's whacked too cause I never had really a sweet tooth, now I do. And Frys & Safeway make the most epic cakes and muffins. Party size bag of Lays is $1.79.

Don't even go down that aisle lmfao.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I hear ya there; my weakness is those Maple Twists from Nickle's bakery here in Ohio. There's six in the pack and dang if I couldn't eat them all. (in ONE sitting~!)
    I TOTALLY have to watch what I eat.
    I used to work for the phone company... yes, up on poles... digging underground, totally physical. Then got RIF'd out, and here I am. FINALLY caring about what I eat; should've started 20 years ago, better late than never, tho. Still get a 2 year med card; no issues, no sleep studies.
    That's awesome about your dad, man. I know you've put a lot into that, as well.
    My mom is 88 and still kicking it like a spring chicken... there's nothing wrong with eggs; the protein is phenom. Look at the body builders. My mom eats a few a week; when I remember to hard boil them and add to her salad; she's asleep when I leave, and napping when I get home, but between the wife and myself, we do what we can.
    We threw away SO many berries that she would just buy and accumulate.... too many. It's all she thought she needed to eat. Now, we buy in "moderation," and add to her amazing salads that will last her for 2 days.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Eggs are about the #1 food for seniors. For some reason the old body uses more protein or doesn't absorb it well. They become protein deficient which will lead to all manners of evil.

Yea I always get a 2 year card as well. I'm still in good shape, but not 25 anymore either lol. Got to work at it now. I remember being able to literally inhale a large pizza lol. But then again that was doing ladder aerobics all week too lol.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Ha~! Ladder Aerobics / Spiked boot aka: pole aerobics... yep, good ole' days. Told my wife I used to be a "pole dancer" .... she didn't believe me til she saw the old 110 photos, LoL~!

Hear ya there, man. Sux that what we got paid to do costs us money for a membership anymore, huh? (Pizza....yum!!) Miss those days, too. We get "healthy" pizza once in awhile.

My mom isn't fond of eggs at all; gotta HB and add to salads. (or hide in her wheat toast, or bury in some grits; the wife taught me that one, being southern and all...lol.)

Maybe that's where my mom's "manners of evil" comes in, LoL. Ok, gonna HB a dozen, then. Great insight, man. Thanks.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Why wasn't carne asada fries an option?
    [​IMG]

Dave_in_AZ and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Actually, looks great. Yep, the carne fries (or just whole grain tortillas) would've been better. Love me some guac, man. Beans don't like me (so the wife says) but I love'em~!

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  8. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    I have been the same weight since 20 years old. Now im 38. Never had a belly or love handles. Of course my weight fluctuates +-4 lbs but i stay in the same range. I eat everything but in an acceptable amount. I didnt drink soda since forever. If im getting a burger i dont get french fries with it. If im getting a subway, always 6 inch and i try to find a soup to go with it. Lately im enjoying wendys salads. Power Mediterranean and fresh mozarella.

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Dad loves them fortunately. He can't have ketchup. And jalepeno's actually contain a fair amount of potassium so those are kinda out. So I have become the great egg scrambler / omelet maker. Some fresh ground pepper and a small sprinkling of Mexican 4 cheese blend melted on top, sometimes on toast, and he eats those pretty good. Of course when I'm not here, he will scramble his own, and put like half a bottle of ketchup on them lol.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Cantaloupe is the choice of carnivores everywhere.

20170611_095211.jpg

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    me right now
    IMG_4213.JPG

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.