Car Haulers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by NIGHTCRAWLER, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

The company I am leased to takes 20%.

They pay IFTA, collect the money, arrange the customers, arrange for the permits and licenses, etc.

They buy a truck and trailer and I make payments to them out of the 80%. When the equipment is paid for I get the title in my name. Until then they retain ownership and if I walk away they keep the money paid in as equipment rent.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ted Thompson

Ted Thompson Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Topeka, Kansas
    wow that sounds great brickman, how's it seem to be working out?

4. Brickman

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    I'm driving one of their trucks right until I get some income rolling. They are planning on buying me a truck after the first of the yr.

Its been a slow first couple weeks, but next month when the customer gets up to full speed they hired me to haul for I'll be rollin.

5. Ted Thompson

Ted Thompson Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Topeka, Kansas
    sounds good whats the route you run?

6. Brickman

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Currently Cheyenne to Greeley, Denver, Loveland, Longmont, Ft Collins, CO Springs etc.

I was hired for a large customer that has plans for a buy here pay here lot in Amarillo and Lubbock TX. They have a lot in Loveland and their recon/detail operation is there as well. So we haul from Denver auction to the detail shop and then take to TX.

That is the plan any way with forecasted opening in TX some time next month. So in the mean time I just screw around on the front range and get back in the grove of properly loading cars.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.