Car Hauling

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Papa0, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Atlanticus trucking

Atlanticus trucking Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Yep! Definitely going to the next level. We bought a 2015 Volvo 730 and a 2009 cottrell 5309. 50k for the truck and 35 for the trailer. Bringing the trailer to cottrell in GA on Tuesday for maintenance/inspection. Also need to get the eAPU up and running in GA. Then the fun starts.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you! It should work a hell of a lot better than playing with a pickup truck.

4. Atlanticus trucking

Jun 22, 2018
    Thanks. Will definitely be a lot better then the dually. Vehicle damage is a lot more likely to happen though so we have to work through that.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    A whole lot more likely to happen. But eventually sooner than later it should stop. Watch out for the low trees

Atlanticus trucking Thanks this.
  6. MaxzRig

MaxzRig Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    LAS VEGAS, NV

7. MaxzRig

MaxzRig Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    LAS VEGAS, NV
    Just an FYI after I bought my first semi. The company is in Fontana, Calif. (T.E.C.) They got me funding for a 2013 Volvo. I only paid about $5k dn. pmt. upfront on a $55k truck. I did have very good credit at the time (May.2018) but was not 100% happy with the deal. Knowing they being a dealership, would slip all kinds of last minute bull #### additional stuff on the tab. (BTW; the name of the company that financed me was TAB bank out of Utah, look em up!) I would have to say from my experience, yes they are tough on 1st time buyers. But a friend who bought the same time I did, he went thu "Schneider" used fleet veh., no problem. Hope this was helpful first timer... good luck!!!

8. Atlanticus trucking

Jun 22, 2018
    We went through arrow truck sales. Ended up being 12k down on a 50k Volvo 730. They were pushing real hard for 15k. They mentioned that me not having a cdl made it so lots of lenders wouldn’t touch the loan. Not sure if it was BS or not. How much was your truck?

9. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I started carhauling in 2011 with ford f350 and kaufman 4 cars - everyone said just get 7 car trailer , i did one year later - everyone said " real money in the stinger ", another couple years and i had 3 of them ..year ago moved to flat bed and step deck work ...its bit slower than last year , but after if i ever return in car hauling - only stinger ... Maybe enclosed ( just dont know that segment )
    7 vs 9 : those 2 extra cars pays yr stinger payment or fuel :)

HB503 and johnnyman1099 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.