Cargo Claim how does it work

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by afterburn25, Oct 20, 2016.

1. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    NO damage noted on B O L no claim, your cargo insur. will handle it but be ready to ans. your phone when adj. calls you back so you can beat this claim.

Terry270 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. afterburn25

afterburn25 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    UPDATE:

Just got call from insurance company wanted to know if i was willing to negotiate the claim. They say they dont intend on paying the full claim no matter what happens. I was like hell no they told me it can still go either way in court they signed bills and didn't mark damaged product on bills I had clean bills. But yet they are trying to say that when I picked up the load I signed for the load therefore I am responsible for poorly packaged product cause I should have caught it and refused to haul it like that. So how can they use me signing for load but I cant use them signing clean bills against them. sounds like a double standard. I told them I still don't accept their claim. They said ok but they can withhold payment from you till this is resolved. So they can with hold my money b ut I couldnt with hold their freight? seems everything is stacked against me. There is no proof there was even damage to the product since they donated it away. Maybe I should try filing a claim on my truck say it caught on fire then tell the adjuster that I donated it to someone for parts see if I can still collect. I bet no. This is no different.

baha, Terry270 and double yellow Thank this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Is your insurance agent retarded?

Tell them you will buy the water at the wholesale amount and ask them where you can pick your water up. When they tell you it is gone then why should you be on the hook for anything? Above that, as for the freight charge they owe you, deal with that separately, tell them you will be filing on their bond because you have proof with your clean bills that they owe you. Please let us know who the broker, shipper, and receiver and the donation place is, so we can all avoid these crooks. You are being shafted real good.

Terry270 Thanks this.
  5. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    I agree 100%. If clean bills doesn't stand for anything anymore then we all need to quit. Hell by their logic any of us could drive away from the dock and they could take a sledgehammer to the load and we would be responsible for that? Hell no!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.