Cargo Transporters Claremont, NC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Mar 14, 2014.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    It affects some drivers different I guess.
    I couldn't care less what they see on that Camera. If I need to break hard then I break hard. If it sets the Drivecam off Tuff s***! No camera is gonna dictate how I drive! I try my best to be a safe driver. Always have, Cam or no cam. I've had weeks I've set mine off 5 times! Never heard a word about it because I didn't do anything wrong. Drivers need to understand that setting off the drivecam is not the end of life on earth. S*** Happens. It's unavoidable that stupid people will make you break or swerve hard. Happens in your car and it's gonna happen in your truck. They can see what happened so there's nothing for me to say about it. And it's the reason I rarely hear about it. 90% of the time I had to do what I had to do to avoid an Accident. And they can see that at drivecam. I'll do what I've always done and not worry about the small stuff. If I'm doing it wrong then I'm sure they will have no problem telling me about it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC

*Ohio.

Thank god i maybe went to the NE four times a Year

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  4. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Did the driver assist unloads involve the use of a pallet jack?? Thanks for the info. Looking really hard at reapplying with this company by the summer. Definitely on my short list. Oh, and do you all go to the boroughs of NYC? What percentage of runs go to metro cities? Also what is the vacation policy?

5. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Does Cargo Transporters make it out to Wichita KS? If so, how often? Would Wichita KS be within or out of the company hiring area?

6. JoeyBowman

Jul 21, 2012
    NC
    There's some NYC but it's non forced dispatch so you don't have to go if you don't want to.

Some driver assist is with a pallet jack. Others may involve breaking down furniture for guys with hand trucks or using a cart to wheel furniture off the trailer. Just my experience.

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  7. JoeyBowman

Jul 21, 2012
    NC

I went to Wichita twice in 3.5 years. I'm sure there are more loads going out that way. But probably not enough to be included in the hiring area.

HopperHauler and mje Thank this.
  8. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I did one load by hand and one with a cart. It doesn't happen often enough to really be a concern for most people.
    Very little NYC itself. Mostly on the outskirts. $125 extra if you take the load. I never run NE so I'm never concerned with it. But it's up to you if you wanna take the load or not. Vacation pay is two cents per mile for every mile you drove the last 6 months. You just let your fleet leader know when you want to take it and he'll plan for you to be off that week. Vaction pay is paid twice per year REGARDLESS of when you take the vacation. 2nd week of June and 2nd week of December.

The Challenger and gntorres61 Thank this.
  9. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    About 2,400 miles this week. Could have done another 500 or so but Nestle took 6.5 hours to load me so burnt most of my 14. They were however kind enough to let me take my 10 hour in the back parking lot. Nothing to brag about but all said not too bad of a week.

10. virginiay2k

virginiay2k Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I've read every post in the thread. I applied yesterday and Taylor called me this morning. I'm in CDL school now. I finish January. He said, if I checked out (which I do), he will put me on the waiting list. This is probably a question for Taylor but, does that mean I'm in... as long as I can wait?

I was already looking at CT before I saw this thread. The boyfriend of a lady in my CDL class works for CT. After graduation, she will be working there too. What I was looking for in this thread was some confirmation of some of the things She had told me. You confirmed everything. Not that I didn't believe her. But, a second opinion is never a bad thing.

Anyway, thanks for all the great info.

smurf-316 Thanks this.
  11. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina

Well glad Taylor took care of you.
    Yes, As long as you can wait for a trainer. We have about 16 trainers at Cargo and we have a 38% turnover rate which is almost unheard of in this Industry. Most companies average around 90%. We only have around 500 trucks so remember we are not a huge company with lots of idle trainers like some of the bigger companies do. Drop in here during and after your training and let us know how it works out for you. It's great info for rookies to have.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.