Carls Corner

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by starmac, May 10, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Anyone remember the original Carls Corner?
    Two story with the truckstop and restaurant downstairs, swimming pol out the back door.
    Strip club upstairs with a balcony overlooking the pool?
    I only stopped their once before it burn't and I was on my bike, not in a truck, the wife didn't let me check out the upstairs portion. lol

exhausted379 and Humblepie Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It should still be there. Rumor has it Willie Nelson has a interest in the place.

It was one of my bases for that region other than the Eastern European truckstop over to the NE.

4. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    The last I knew it was still there, but had been rebuilt after the fire, no more pool and strip joint, then run comepletely down. Willie nelson won it in a poker game, them remodeled it went green with it and gave part of it back to Carl, not sure the status of it now.

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I never wanted to piss around finding a truck wash after going through their fantastic dirt lot. Never stopped there.

Most dirt lots aren't bad, that one was cursed with extra clingy dust.

6. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I only ever stopped there a couple of times in a truck, just wasn't in a handy place for my runs.
    After willie remodeled it, it was pretty nice again, but I am not into him nor the whole green movement, so wasn't much interested in stopping there anyway.
    The whole story of how he managed to aquire and build and rebuild (no insurance) after the fire is one good story. It shows what a persistent guy with ambition can do.

7. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    On IH35-East just north of the split.

It’s just a C-store Petro with a donut shop now.

Giant “Willie Bio-Diesel” tanks rusting out back.

Five miles away is the VERY nice T/A barely south of the split (closer to Hillsboro). Go there instead. Country Pride, etc. Brand-new 2-years ago. Huge.

No reason at all to stop at CC. Unless you GOTTA have a brand-name donut. AND you want to fight your way across a narrow bridge and entrance. Then fight your way out a backed up exit.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Intothesunset, austinmike and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    That is a shame, considering the history and how it came to be.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    Yup. No more stopping off for a pitcher of beer and some pool on a rainy day.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Humblepie

Humblepie Pontificator

Dec 25, 2018
    Yep it’s been gone for years. Had a swinging bar and some nice looking women.

11. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    The only time I was there while it had the strip club, I stopped and fueled up my bike. My wife was with me and while we were in line at the counter, a dancer from upstairs was getting a pack of smokes for another gal. She told the cashier to give her a pack of benson and hedges for the girl and called her by name.

It just so happened that we had a real good friend by that name that we had lost touch several years before and it was easy to see, that she might just have gone the route of being an exotic dancer, and she smoked benson and hedges. This was also not a long distance from her old stomping grounds. Hmmm what a coincedence, I told my wife I would run up and see if it was her, yep that didn't go over, so up until last year I always wondered about that. We finally got back in touch, and I ask her, just a coincidence. lol

Humblepie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.