Carry Transit

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by DADof3, May 21, 2012.

1. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    I know this is the Superior area, but my DROID browsers is acting up so I just opened the bookmark for this section.

Well for those of you who don't know, Carry Transit is the food grade side of the Superior family. I will be leaving stories of my adventure here.

Today is my first day here. Not really a whole lot to report. Met my trainer in the yard in Decatur, IL. Drove to Springfield, IL to load. Shipper used 2 pumps to push product, but we still had to use our pump to get it into the tank. Stopped and ate lunch at Wendy's in Bloomington, got fuel and truck washed in Rochelle, and now in a hotel in Rockford for an 0600 delivery in Love's Park.

Tomorrow will be as follows: Deliver, dead head to Bolingbrook for a wash, then DH back to Springfield to reload for a run to NC. Will update tomorrow if there are any interesting events.

Hope everyone has a good week.

wsyrob and ped Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    DADof3 Thanks this.
  4. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Man that was hilarious!!! As far as the product goes, it's not too thick. One pump was sucking it out of the tank and the other was pushing it. They both were about on their last leg I think. LOL This hotel was his second choice. There was one closer but when he called it, it wasn't the name brand anymore. He likes to stay within the same family of hotels so he gets free stays. Can't say I blame him...I'd be doing the same thing. Im still laughing at that poor guys experience. Im bookmarking that one for something to read on a bad day :laughing-guffaw::laughing-guffaw:

5. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Unloaded this morning without a hitch, saw a REALLY nasty accident on I294 northbound just as we got on the southbound side from I290. [​IMG] If anyone was in the backseat and survived, I'm selling my Caddy and buying this type of car (looking at all stopped cars to find these rims to determine the vehicle.) Got washed out (I don't know why I said Bolingbrook last night...I meant Bridgeview.) Deadheaded to Decatur and came home. Did my blood-born pathogen training on Pro-TREAD. Now about to look over the 2 binders I got today, then shower and off to bed. I have to be back in the yard tomorrow at 0500. Going back to load again in Springfield, IL and then off the NC. Talking about a load from Savannah to get back home, but I'm voting for DHing since I get paid by the hour and not mileage...My mom is coming up to IL from TN this weekend. Hope everyone had a good day and a better one tomorrow. :)

6. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Where you headed in NC. I should be getting back to High Point tomorrow.

7. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    We are going to Lincolnton. Its on 321 south of I40. Its looking like a wash and reload in Savannah, so I guess well be home Sat night or Sun morning.

8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    We may cross paths. I am doing a dedicated run to N Chicago and back. If you see a white tanker that will probably be me. Should make it back home Saturday

9. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    I'll keep an eye out. If all goes as planned, we will deliver in NC in the morning, wash in Savannah tomorrow afternoon, and load first thing Fri morning. Then we are headed to Dayton to drop load Sat and head back to Decatur.

If you see a dark blue 9200 Carry truck all chromed out and shiny, that would be us.

10. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Thurs 5-24
    Well Thursday didn't goes as planned. According to trainer, you load one morning in Springfield, IL and deliver as soon as you get there the next day in Lincolnton, NC, even though the paperwork says appointment is 48 hours after loading. We arrived Thursday morning only to be told that we were not on the schedule...neither for Thursday nor Friday, or anytime next week. After a few phone calls and 3 hours of waiting, customer decided to "squeeze" us in at 1600 Friday (our bills said 0700 Friday,) so we headed to the Comfort Inn down the road.

Fri 5-25
    Stayed in hotel till check out time (1100) and headed on up there. Figured there is a 100% chance of not getting unloaded early sitting at the hotel, and a 50/50 chance of getting unloaded sitting there, so we left. When we checked in, we found out that they could have taken us Thursday when we were there, there was more than enough room in the 3 tanks....EEEEERRRRGGGGGG!!! So anyway we unloaded early and headed back to Decatur. Had to drop the Savannah to Dayton load cause it loaded Friday morning and we were still loaded in NC.

Sat 5-26
    Got back in the yard a little before 0200 this morning. Off till Tuesday. My trainers truck will be in the shop getting an airbag replaced, so he is taking me in company pickup to Keokuk, IA to pick up my truck. I load Wednesday night in Decatur and deliver in Lawrenceburg, KY Thursday morning. Its a mystery after that.

Its going to take a little while to get use to this place, or any other place for that matter, but I think I'm going to like it. I came from ADM trucking, so if you know anything about them, you will completely understand what I'm saying. The best way I can describe it is this: If you or anyone you know has every been in the military and gets out, they now have an adjustment to make being a civilian.

Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend and holiday!

11. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    5-26 - 5-28

Off

5-29

My trainer and I went to Keokuk, IA to pick up my truck. Took it back to Decatur, IL and went home.

5-30

Came in this morning and went over truck with mechanic. Got some things fixed and parts ordered for other things. Over all this seems to be a pretty good truck. Cleaned it up and made it home. Took a nap and the loaded out of Decatur at 1800.

5-31

Delivered to Lawrenceburg, KY at 0600. Bounced up to tankwash in Fairfield, OH and now sitting at Superior yard in Cincinnati till in the morning. I'm out of hours, so someone is supposed to preload my load sometime today. Then I'm off the VA for a delivery tomorrow evening.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.