Cars Arrive Network

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Mr&MrsPete, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    Funny thing, I never see any of that cheap stuff? Oh that's right, I've had my filter set on 50c/mi per vehicle since day one. You should try it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr&MrsPete

Mr&MrsPete Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    I dont wanna do that. I wanna see who is trying to cheat me

4. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA

They're not cheating you, they are trying to see who is stupid enough to haul them that cheap.

Terry270 Thanks this.
  5. Lucky Dog

Lucky Dog Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Overland Park, Kansas
    And as fuel drops to a new all time low the rates will continue to drop as well. I have already been told by a couple brokers that this is exactly what they are doing. I told them to wait for the guy who will haul his junk and probably damage it since he won't have any pride left any way by agreeing to haul for nothing in the first place.

6. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    With all the bashing of CarsArrive Network, nobody has mentioned that they are offering their carriers the opportunity to be able to buy fuel at deeper discounts than any small company can get by themselves.

They have partnered with WEX petroleum, and any carrier working with them can buy diesel at very deep discounts off the cash price at thousands of fuel stops nationwide. Pilot, Flying J, Sapp Bros., Hess.

Take the time to check it out, there is serious dough to be saved.

7. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Remind the brokers that we have other expenses besides fuel that AREN'T going down in price.

8. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    I usually agree with what you have to say Slant6, but to call their discounts significant is misleading. Yes, they offer $0.10 per gallon at Pilot and up to 21 cents per gallon at Sapp Bros, but they only offer 4 cents at the small independent stops, which usually beat the chains by 10 cents a gallon or more anyhow. In my lanes the local stops I fuel at are at least 35 sometimes 40 cents per gallon less than the closest Pilot, meaning even with their card I would still be paying about 20 to 30 cents per gallon more than I am now if I fueled at Pilot. In addition, their fuel card is either pre-funded or paid weekly with their line of credit whereas my Voyager card is net 30 days without any service fees (as long as the balance is paid in full) and cash price at most places. I will use Voyager's money to fund my fuel for 30 days over WEX for 7 days anytime, it helps my cash flow greatly to spread out the operating costs for the whole month, especially since there is no finance charge with Voyager if paid in full at the end of the month. This is a much better benefit to my operation than a small per gallon savings, but again everyone has different needs for their operation. Lastly, I will take 100% of my load from my direct customers with net 14 days instead of losing 3% for 48 hour direct deposits.

Still, there is a place for them and they do have a captive market with their association with Adesa. If used appropriately they can fill in the slow times and help make better round trips, especially if you are already servicing your own clients at Adesa or in areas they have facilities. We derive about 15% of our work from Cars Arrive, mostly units near my home base to an Adesa facility near where I have head haul work southbound for Manheim (which is a direct customer of ours, no broker or intermediate, and has been for 12 years). For this work derived from Cars Arrive they are only about 10% lower in rate than my head haul work, $175 per unit (.78/mile) to Adesa vs. $200 per unit (.89/mile) down to Manheim, distance is average of 225 miles each way and there is $40 in tolls each way. Also, the Adesa inbound work is usually only one or two stops to fill my truck so it is not time or labor intensive, mostly off lease units. Prior to my association with Cars Arrive I was deadheading to this area, so for me it is a win/win situation.

As for their 50 cent per mile units, I don't see any of that, I pickup directly from dealers and repo yards with inbound units to Adesa, most of the cheap stuff is outbound or third party work. The money on Cars Arrive is in servicing their captive customer, meaning their parent company, Adesa. Keep in mind, my operation is mostly local dedicated lane, home almost every night, so my experience may differ from the OTR and random route operations.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  9. Terry270

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    So dropping my fuel cost 1 cent per mile excuses the 20 cent rate drop PER car!? Please tell me that was a joke.

10. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    I'm not looking for a senseless argument. Just pointing something out. If Carsarrive has a move you are interested in, give them a call, they will listen to your price.

11. Terry270

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY

And the point I was making is that I'm tired of hearing about scams to get me to work for cheaper like the one you mentioned.

I do work with them from time to time, not all thier stuff is cheap crap. Nice people but the amount of paperwork is annoying.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.