Cartersville, GA 3/2/2009

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Alabamaspirit, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Blufreeze

Blufreeze Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2008
    East Central Ohio
    Yeah - I saw that Rand Mcnally has a 50% of sale now.

If you google GPS + Trucker or something like that, you'll get some results of GPS units that are supposed to be aware (I guess) of "Truck Friendly" routes, clearances, etc.. I think you enter in your truck size (Ht, Wt, Length). I could be confusing this with something else, but I think its accurate info. I'm just holding off to see what they recommend, and just incase I kill myself in a traffic accident :biggrin_2552:.

As for Wi Fi - go to, well I better leave the URL out, I don't know for sure if its permitted - but if you google Wi Fi Radar you can bet the first link on the page will (Should) take care of that problem for you.

Baack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alabamaspirit

Alabamaspirit Light Load Member

As far as GPS, from what I have read there are no GPS that is setup for trucks, some for RVs. All of them can only be used as a tool, and are not to be totally relied on. I have a Garmin Nuvi 760, that I really like, I have not used it in a truck, but I like it so far in the car. If you get a GPS or Microsoft Street & Trips ( which I also have w/out GPS receiver) you can google POIFACTORY and download files for different truck stops, rest areas, weigh stations and even Walmart (plus many more files) You can set these as POI on your GPS (Garmin or TomTom) or on your computer program.

Baack and gonnabe Thank this.
  4. chunter0227

chunter0227 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2008
    suwanee,ga
    alabamaspirit I will be there on monday.Did you get your fuel cards yet for showers also there is a great book out there called the next exit it tells you what is off the exit before you exit even has things highlighted in red where trucks can park

5. Alabamaspirit

yep, got the fuel cards, I'll check on that book....thanks. See you there.

6. chunter0227

Dec 1, 2008
    suwanee,ga
  7. gonnabe

gonnabe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2008
    HAMMOND INDIANA
    alabama can you give me a heads up on the fuel cards?? not quite sure what they are about and how they help you thanks

8. chunter0227

Dec 1, 2008
    suwanee,ga
    gonnabe the fuel cards are for when you get fuel you swipe the cards at the pump and earn one point for every gallon of fuel these points can go toward showers merchandise so you dont have to pay for them you can get the ta card online it is called the roadking card, flying j is also online frequent fueler card takes about two weeks to get them in the mail. for the pilot card just walk in and ask the cashier for one of the cards can be linked to your trainers card during training so you both get points during your training hope this helps

Baack Thanks this.
  9. Alabamaspirit

Google: TA truckstops (Roadking Club)*
    Google: Flying J (Loyalty Cards)*
    Google: Pilot (cards)**

*(the link to look for on the site)
    **Have to check at Pilot for their card
    These are the cards you earn points on when fueling and also get your showers on. There may be more,(mind went blank)

Baack Thanks this.
  10. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    some of the truckstops its free

some you gotta pay prices vary you can get it daily monthly or yearly

gps would be ok but ya gotta double check by the atlas

i use googlemaps or mapquest as reference sometimes

11. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    TA and flyin hooks you register for

most every other you can pickup at fuel desk

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
    Alabamaspirit Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.