Cascadia Antenna Solutions

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by mike5511, Apr 30, 2014.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Remove the top coil and add some stinger and remove the capacitance rods and it might be a decent antenna.

bored silly Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Ok i have zero idea if this will help or not..Just happen to be doin some reading and thought....
    On these crapcadias,if a person was to take the inside of the door off to expose the mirror mount studs(if thats possible and i assume it is)and use a seperate nut on the end of said studs to attach some braided straps...Attach those one or two straps to the inside doors hinge bolts then same for the hinge on door side to cab...

Opinions anyone???

4. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well what ever you call them lil rods at the base of the lower coil..

5. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Who said anything about it looking wrong ??? I said it looks friggin cool and it does... and if ya want to fight about it lets do it !!!! I'm not afraid of the godfather king ka nook lol

6. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Already doing something like that... those top hinge bolts I dunno still thinking on how right now..... I'm working on those bottom hinge bolts and I'm grounding them to the bottom of the bracket of the antenna itself it will have two straps one top one bottom of the bracket... man do I need a roll of braided strap right now. Might have ta call fat boy and order a crap load and get it sent to fl.

7. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    This thing is done pissing me off I'm going to end up having 4 total straps 2 braided 2 ground wires on the bottom mount of the antenna bracket mirror mount errrrr ya know what I mean...I'm going to go Rob someplace for a roll of braided strap.... not really but ya know what Ima saying #### it man....

8. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    If you can find old Ford Crown Vic police cars in a junk yard somewhere, they all have two braided straps hooked from the truck lid to the fender......eyelets on both ends. Easy to get to and easy to remove. Also a lot of the newer cars/pickups will have them under the hood in the engine compartment.

rabbiporkchop and bored silly Thank this.
  9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada

Im courious where ya hookin up all these wires n straps...Get an ohm meter and see where ya stand b4 you end up with 8 million ft of braded and stranded wires on that and become a capacitor....

You will have so much saved up power in those wires that when you key up we can watch a lighting show come off the antenna..

10. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Not hardly their actually going to the same place their at now.but attached to the bracket on the mirror. You guys read way too many books and watch way too many videos... you basically cannot do enough grounding on these trks... but I keep it within reason and where it's most effective........

11. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Im thinkin ya missed my knookie sarcasim..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.