Cascadia Antenna Solutions

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by mike5511, Apr 30, 2014.

1. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    If you'll look on page 21 of this thread you can see what I did to stabilize the SkipShooter. It's a piece of Lexan you can get at any glass installers. I slip seated so I needed something quick and easy. It worked great. Kept the antenna away from the cab. The closer the antenna is to the cab, the higher the SWR is; another reason to tilt it forward some. Just remember, when you are sitting still and have a big tilt, your signal will suffer. If you were going to be sitting and talking, you could use some fishing line and pull the antenna back and tie it off to your mirror to stand it up straighter. The antenna could be right up next to the mirror and it did not effect the SWR. volvo244t ran a 102" on his truck mounted the same way. I ran across him one day and checked it out. Seems like he may have had a piece of pvc pipe, 2ft or so, slipped over the antenna. He didn't use a spring. He used a Wilson 2000 Trucker antenna riser to gain the 8". If memory serves me correctly, you would need two. The 2" inch riser and a 6" riser, or cut and re-thread the 10" riser. (the ball mount and spring is the designed way to gain the 8" but not practical on a truck mirror mount setup.)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pimeocho

pimeocho Bobtail Member

May 31, 2023
    Unfortunately I did buy the spring. So I’ll be using that. But I’ll look back at the posts to check out what ya did. I’ll figure something out then.

4. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Spring will make the wet noodle worse....If your parked and just yackin it fine....If i were you when on the move you really need to stabilize it one way or another..

5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Here ya go..

Attached Files:

Bumper Thanks this.
  6. pimeocho

pimeocho Bobtail Member

May 31, 2023
    What is that shaft you gave at the bottom of the antenna?

7. pimeocho

pimeocho Bobtail Member

May 31, 2023
    Sorry you have. Not gave

8. pimeocho

pimeocho Bobtail Member

May 31, 2023
    I may be somewhat stupid here, but could you give me the wording so I can look it up on eBay please. Ty

9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I got it from a ebay seller named rfservices1 i think...Just did a quick search for it but no luck....I did see a 6" riser that you just screw in your 102 to but thats not what i got...
    Maybe cont him through fb and see...If i remember right they were about $50....It was nothing more than a 10" riser that your 102 would slide down into after you cut the threaded end off..Once tuned you just tighten the locking stud....If you find one please dont forget a lil touch of anti sieze on the lock stud then cover the top part where ant slides in(after a tune)with coax tape or something....I got to excited with the performance and forgot,now its siezed....

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
  11. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Spring is only 4". It for use with the ball mount with gives you the other 2" or so to equal 108" total.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.