Cascadia cruise not working.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by ethos, Mar 11, 2013.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I picked up a brand new Cascadia and it has the on guard and the predictive cruise. I can not get the cruise to engage. The green light comes on and it will high idle but going down the road is no bueno. I keep hitting the set button the resume button, both at the same time. I cussed it out, begged it and hit it. But nothing works. Any ideas, is there something I am missing?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Did you have it hooked up to a Detroit computer. Perhaps the cruise control portion is djsabled but the PTO (high idle) function is enabled.

FWIW, my Volvo Enhanced Cruise (VEC) won't engage if the vehicle speed is above the governed speed, like when I'm coasting down a hill. Maybe they have to tweak your cruise settings.

4. Boka

Boka Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I had a same problem before and it was a break pedal switch. You can check while driving just use your toes to pull break and clutch pedal up and try engaging cruise then. If it works its an easy fix then.....

5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I tried it from 55 to 63 and nothing would work. The on guard thing seems to be working fine. When I say high idle I mean like the idle you have when your idling all night, though pto idle works as well. I can't figure it out, the truck is also not registering overspeed, or at least not on the qc.

6. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    Press the brake pedal lightly, then try again.

{A man is only as good as his word.}

Cascadia Thanks this.
  7. PackRatTDI

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Then it may not be getting a reading from the speed sensor. Speedometer and odometer are working though?

8. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Tried pushing break and clutch but I didn't try pulling them up. I'll try that in the morning. Okay for those with the predictive cruise, mine just says cruise off. If the cruise engaged does it say cruise on or is it supposed to say on once you get the green light on the dash?

9. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    They are working fine. Everything seems to be in order, again though today was my first day driving it so what do I know. I ran my century into the ground and I like this truck alot but man I like cruise control too.

10. PackRatTDI

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I'm guessing On Guard is the proximity radar. I have that in my truck. Drives me nuts sometimes, especially when a vehicle is slowing down on an off ramp on a curve and the radar interprets it as the vehicle stopping in front of you and goes into panic mode, doing a hard brake.

Though it is kind of nice to let it do it's thing when you come up on a truck that's doing a 1/4 mph slower and it adjusts itself to keeping the same distance.

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    If the OnGuard system isn't working, it will disable the cruise control completely... is the OnGuard display background red? If so, you'll have to get that thing fixed. The cruise control should work fine after that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.