cascadia engine brake NOT WORKING PLS HELP....

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by jorge68, Jul 11, 2014.

1. thunder99

thunder99 Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2014
    hey. I don't know if you have fixed your problem, but I have just become an owner operator after driving off and on for 22yrs. I started with a '96 FLD. I drove a freightliner once about that vintage, and remembered, that the jake was really tricky. It is tied in with the cruise. I have had my FLD since Feb, but only really operating it for like about a month and a half now. sometimes the jake don't come on, but if I leave the switch on, it will work after while, I am surmising either it is programed with the cruise or a bad ground.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dinu

Dinu Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2017
    I have a similar problem with my truck but a little bit difrent. 2010 freightliner dd15, I was driving and and my switch (high/mediu/low) was in high and I felt that it did not work as it should. It was weak, like it was in low position. So i changed it in to medium and it was working the same as low, but low position is not working at all. My check engine light came on, and when checked the codes it was saying I have to check the solenoids and injector harness. So I change both of them but nothing changed. Then I toke it the mechanics, they did a troubleshoot and nothing changed. I checked the ecu, it works good, and changed the engine harness. And still nothing changed. The check engine light is still on with same codes. I don't know what else it could be. I will appreciate any ideas.

4. 4vmach1

4vmach1 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Are you getting fault codes for the jake brakes? What were the codes before the dealer cleared it?

5. 4vmach1

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Check your clutch switch and see if you're getting a input/output. The clock spring inside the steering wheel will also cause the jakes to not operate...

Freightliner Cascadia Clock Spring | eBay

6. MackRookie

MackRookie Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Canada
    I got no light coming on the engine break button and not working. Just bought 2012 cascadia. Any advice would help thanks.

7. 4vmach1

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    On your steering wheel there will be a button that say's engine brake and that will turn the switch light on. Usually this button is faded because it's the most common used one that's how you turn on the jake brakes.

MackRookie Thanks this.
  8. MackRookie

MackRookie Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Canada
    Thanks that worked.

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Really? Wow?

Sometime the electronics will crap out with the On guard CMS and take out the cruise. Just turn the cruise on, then off, then on again and then try to set the cruise. Or if it is a persistent problem you can disconnect the battery for a few min to reset the computer and see if that helps. Disconnecting the battery can usually get rid of check engine lights or other debauchery to get you going to a better place to stop.

MackRookie Thanks this.
  10. rinkusaini

rinkusaini Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Hi Sir ,
    Can you help me . Actually I have frieghtliner cascadia 2014 truck . I face problem with engine break dashboard light . Engine break working fine but dashboard engine break light not on when I used Engine break . Thank you

11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Check safety switches on brake and clutch pedals up under dash unplug each one at a time try to jump the plug with a piece of wire

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.