Cascadia PNDB question

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Gridaxe5588, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Gridaxe5588

Gridaxe5588 Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2022
    The PNDB in my 2016 Cascadia is going bad, it's doing the random power down for a few seconds or so then all power returns,which from what I've found by researching it's the PNDB 98% of the time. My question is I can't seem to find the exact part number match anywhere online, my part number is A06-75148, all the ones I find are the same number but they have another 3 digit number on the end. Correct me if I'm wrong but as long as the connector's are the same shape, same number of pins, all the lugs are the same and the fuse amperage's are all the same as what I currently have, the different part number should work? If so then all I'll need to change out is my cap with the markings of what fuse does what. If I'm missing something let me know. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Armana87

Armana87 Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2023
    Call the dealer and ask them for the part number. Most dealers won’t give it to you but just call them and say you have one laying around give them any pndb number and they’ll correct you. Also some of those are for a cut off switch and some aren’t make sure you get the correct one.

Gridaxe5588 Thanks this.
  4. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Better not wait too long. When it goes for good you'll be calling a tow truck. I would just buy one at the dealer and get it done.

While your battery is disconnected to install the PNDB is a good time to clean up your grounds. There is bar that sticks out from the firewall under the PNDB with multiple ground connections. Take them off and sand away any corrosion. Then use some dielectric grease when you reconnect them.

Gridaxe5588 Thanks this.
  5. Gridaxe5588

Gridaxe5588 Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2022
    Thanks for the replies, I ordered one that's not the same part number but everything matches as to what each one is for and the plugin's are exactly the same.

xsetra Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.