Cascadia with cummins isx

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Mraj22, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Mraj22

Mraj22 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Hows the 2012 dd15 any common issue on those motors, how much is the horsepower.. That should be a useful tool I myself will surely invest in that, is it only available at the freightliners dealers or I can find it somewhere else as well. And also if I do get cummins do they have tool avaliable such as u mentioned above?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mraj22

Mraj22 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Hey folks thanks for your thoughts. I still haven't heard from anyone who owns cascadia with cummins isx. Is it just that rare, should I jus run away now or wahht??

4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I got mine when mileage was 280k and now I have 350k m. My truck has 455 hp, 3.42 Meritor rears and 10 speed transmission. I have changed myself the def doser ($500), clutch pedal sensor ($85), starters relay($35), some chinese relays in the SAM chassis and I am thinking to change the PLV vary soon ($200). The dealer under warranty has replaced the radiator and vibration dumper was installed. I get good mpg. My cousin own 2013 Volvo 780 with ISX 500hp. He is averaging 6.5-6.8 mpg. He runs between cali and ohio and always has 25-30k in the trailer. I get on similar runs 7.2-7.5 mpg.

5. Mraj22

Mraj22 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Sounds like you have some knowledge about working on motor by urself I don't think I will be able to perform such a thing maybe when I have close enough expierence to u as 14 yrs I may be able to some stuff O-o.. Wow those are good numbers with both motors and cummins being 500hp does he any common probs with his cummins, or those good old probs egr dpf turbos??

6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    early epa10 Cummins had a problems but after some serial number they fixed it. If you will buy a Cummins engine make sure the engines serial number is 79608640 and up. Also check to see if the high pressure fuel pump is updated.

7. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    Basically the CM871 is same motor as the CM2250 with SCR and all the additional BS that goes with it. Brand new in my opinion the Cummins out performs all the motors available today, but service after the sale is where they fail drastically. But as mentioned before YOU will need Cummins Insite soft ware of your own that you can keep in the truck at all times and YOU must have the ability/desire to do the work yourself. But before you spend a dime on any truck spend a couple DAYS reading here http://rawze.com/forums/search.php?...8ba0b099dad791e&sortby=views&order=desc&uid=0
    make sure you watch all the videos too this site is all Cummins all the time but the basic principles apply to all diesel engines. The Cummins can be made into a powerful and economical engine with the right care and maintenance. BUT NO CUMMINS Dealer will do any of this because it cuts into their long term profits. They will tell you I am nuts and you should not mess with stuff you do not understand, and they are correct but this site I'm sending you to will give you the education you need to understand, make an educated decision BEFORE you purchase. Remember what ever truck you choose that has 200,000 miles on it or more is ready for the service talked about on the other site,
    please do not misunderstand that I am no way condoning or recommending any deletes or any other illegal activity, but as mentioned on the first article of the site that the after-treatment system is a complicated combination of extremely sensitive pieces of electronic equipment and require special maintenance, and 99% of the trucking world are not willing to do what it takes to keep up with it. The reason for the better Detroit reviews is because of their willingness to admit their fault in this industry wide mishap and will eventually cover most problems under warranty, but it will take a while. But if you can give yourself the ability to prevent a minor CEL from turning into a catastrophic failure, then why wouldn't you?

Mraj22 Thanks this.
  8. Mraj22

Mraj22 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2015
    I agree on that mostly people don't have knowledge or are just lazy.. I read some stuff from rawze, he gives great tutorials if i do get a cummins I will surely be on his website good stuff there.. Thanks for your input bud.. I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy slow process😐😐

and if you have cascadia with cummins please do reply here because there is not much online so other fellows could relate..

9. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    So you mean before 2013 isx15?

10. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    yes. 2013 isx 15 is slightly different engine its GHG14.

russtrucker Thanks this.
  11. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    Well ok. Just my uncle was interested in one burned 2011 t660 with isx in it. In my thought, I wasn't sure if it is a good idea getting that truck since I heard about early epa2010 isx issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.