Casual Driver

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by keithterrill, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Against The Wind

Against The Wind <strong>"The Freedom Man"</strong>

Sep 22, 2007
    So. Calif.
    Any one of the TEMP Agencies will get you casual work. I know drivers that will work three good months and then go on "vacation" for 1 month unpaid of course and then come back and do it again.

You tell them when you want to work and they usually have a number of different companies at their disposal.

You can even end up finding some great permanent jobs like that. If the company ends up hiring they will usually take a Temp that has already been working for them if they like how he works.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mardonius

mardonius Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2011
    mardonius1@gmail.com
    I would like to find a place that I could be a casual driver that I can do a couple of runs in state or out of state . Let them know when I could run if they need me fine if not its okay no expectations. Who are some companies who do this because its a win for companies in that they have trucks that are just sitting with no one in them regardless so if you get a guy that would run it 2 weeks out of a month that still better than it sitting for 4 . Its a win for the driver that wants this who may need or want extra money but is just not a full time otr driver.

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I'm thinking that you won't find this at the bigger companies. However, if you start making local contacts at smaller companies, it is not unusual. Often it will be a matter of filling in for drivers who are off for some reason. Sick, lame or lazy, or on vacation, or just over their days off. It really can be a pretty good gig, if the stars are all aligned right for you.

5. ratherbtruckin

ratherbtruckin Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Colorado
    ABF and YRC in Denver both hire casuals. ABF just posted ads for both drivers and lumpers yesterday here. YRC has been quiet lately, but I know they do hire casuals. If you're here, or near here...you could try them.....heck they may have yards where you are too....never hurts to look.

6. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    I have thought about casual driving too, but what might be better for me is seasonal. I have worked for a reefer company 3 times, currently on a hiatus now. I spent the last two years working like crazy to get debt free. I'm planning a trip to the Phillipines soon to see a girl I have been talking to for 2 years. I would like to work approximately 6 months and spend 6 months over there. The company would take me back in a second because I take care of the truck, deliver on time and I have a good driving record.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.