CAT C15 /6NZ trouble continues

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by truck 307, Dec 20, 2017.

1. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Please reread posts #307 and #312.

wore out, Oxbow and SAR Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    That's really great news!

Roll on truck 307!

Oxbow Thanks this.
  4. T800H

T800H Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2010
    The Keys
    It's over, finally. Congratulations Dan.

KB3MMX, BoxCarKidd and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I reached out to Dan about my comments on his return fuel line. His explanation on how he found the problem is something right out of Ripley’s Believe It or Not. If he doesn’t update everyone in his own words I’ll give you a recap sometime later.

KB3MMX, wore out, T800H and 4 others Thank this.
  6. stever88

stever88 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Scotland, MD
    I just finished this thread in two sittings (at computer)! I am not a trucker but have been thinking of an HDT Toterhome and have been trying to increase my knowledge of HDTs.

I was absolutely enthralled by the problem solving skills of OP and inputs and encouragements of posters.

Someone said it was like reading a novel and I must admit that I agree 100% and I felt such a sense of amazement (and satisfaction) when the culprit was finally discovered.

I truly admire the OP for his dedication, determination and intestinal fortitude at finding the solution. I tip my hat to you Sir! </:)

KB3MMX, 062, T800H and 5 others Thank this.
  7. EHSTruck&Trailer

EHSTruck&Trailer Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Can you tell me what this AP sensor return is?

8. truck 307

truck 307 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Having sold my Pete after problem was resolved, I bought a Western Star, 2007. Super clean, inside and out, low mileage.
    But after 7 months I miss my CAT under the hood of a Peterbilt ( slap me, but it's a fact) yes, after all the grief I had with my 6NZ I still cant find comfort or the snappy power of a good old CAT, which I've driven in many trucks for 39 years.
    I'm just not a Detroit guy I found, even with the 23% fuel savings with this Detroit and 60% of the cost to rebuild a CAT, I'm in the market for one again.
    1998 to 2006 is what I seek.
    MBN is a power drop issue I'm hearing, 6NZ and 2WS is still the best in the C15 line up.
    Does anyone know anything about the MXS or other CAT models, that I should be aware of ?
    Great thanks.

KB3MMX and Wheeljack Thank this.
  9. idahoheavyhaul

idahoheavyhaul Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2019
    Idaho
    Need your help!!!! Please contact me, my business is in jeopardy. I bought the truck from hell and it seems I might have bought a new cat head from hell also. 208-800-8661

10. idahoheavyhaul

idahoheavyhaul Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2019
    Idaho
    I’ll sell you my hunk of crap 3406e with every cat parts, sensor, fuel.. it just has a terrible knock vibration and low power unload. But hey it starts right up, even idles.m

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.