Cat injectors

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by morehp, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Far_Call

Far_Call Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Australia
    You wont need the Bullydog on with these bigger and Calibrated Injectors!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pyrohigh

pyrohigh Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2012
  4. Real Deal

Real Deal Medium Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Saint George UT
    When are you going to get those injectors installed and start testing?

5. ENR

ENR Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ontario

I shot you an e-mail last night.

6. ENR

ENR Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ontario

Why not ?
    Are they capable of altering my timing ?

What would you say would be the running characteristics of these injectors ?

I look forward to speaking with Pyrohigh as efficiency and reliability are at the top of my list. This is an everyday hard working truck.

7. ENR

ENR Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ontario
    My understanding from what morehp has been saying is that they are looking to market an injector for working trucks. With fuel efficiency and smoothness and quality being what the masses want.

I'm not after a fire breathing dyno pounder.. as cool as that is..

No one will complain about a few extra horsepower, but practicality and feeding my family has to come first.

I think that's what the vast majority of us are looking for here.

Frenzy Thanks this.
  8. BobbyTTour

BobbyTTour Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Spring Hill, TN
    I believe the reason why Far_Call is saying you won't need they Bullydog tune is because the injectors alone will be adding horsepower from better atomization and even combustion across all six cylinders. If the nozzles are bigger than your current injectors, there will be an even larger rise in horsepower due to the increase in fuel.

To get a more accurate result of what Neil's injectors are able to do for you, both horsepower and fuel economy, nothing else should be done to the motor or ECM when you change the injectors. If you are going to add a Bullydog tune at the same time, how will you know what the bennefit of the injectors are versus what the tune did for you? To get proper results, you need to either add the tune or the injectors, run it/them for a period of time to get the results of the change, and then add the other to find out the results of that change.

9. ENR

ENR Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Ontario
    I've been running the Bully Dog for over 2 years. I'd rather not remove it. I'm running a conservative hp tune of around 500 hp at around 40 psi of boost. Engine never overheats and pyro never goes over 900 deg. I can leave all things unchanged and just add the injectors and have the best baseline.

Buckshot7cz Thanks this.
  10. BobbyTTour

BobbyTTour Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Spring Hill, TN
    My appologys. I misunderstood and didn't realize you we're already running their tune. I now see where I missed that in one of your previous posts. Since you've been running the tune for a while, you should already have the results of any bennefits that may have resulted from adding the tune over the stock tune. What were your results from adding the tune? Now it will be interesting to see what the bennefits are from changing the injectors alone. As stated before, you should see an increase in horsepower, fuel economy, and an overall better running and responding motor.

11. pyrohigh

pyrohigh Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.