Cat injectors

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by spudman76, Apr 22, 2017.

1. spudman76

spudman76 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Idaho
    Yes they did go thru all of the CAC and the boots. They found one small leak at the elbow where it goes into the block but not enough to cause whats going on. And the CAC is brand new. I just put it in before we took it out of the shop the first time. Fuel pump was replaced along with all the check valves too. Turbo is in good shape, No cracks or chips on the fins. Still looks brand new. They did a cylinder cut out test too and all cylinders are firing along with all the injectors are working too. Problem is when you demand power from it, Nothing. Mash the throttle down and no response. Takes forever to build up any speed and any kind of incline it just acts like im trying to drag an anchor thru the pavement

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. benjamin260_6

benjamin260_6 Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I would try putting a different ecm on it.

spudman76 Thanks this.
  4. spudman76

spudman76 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Idaho
    I was thinking the same thing. I told them to flash the ECM to 550 from 475 and turn torque to 1850 put it back together and take it for a road test and see what happens. If that doesnt fix it, I will look into changing the ECM. I really dont think its the injectors

5. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Did you replace the boost sensor??????

6. spudman76

spudman76 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Idaho
    It wasnt replaced but they did check it to make sure it was functioning properly and it was

7. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Ok.

I would check your atmosphere presure sensor also. The ecm bases all its readings off the atmosphere sensor .

8. Luwi67

Luwi67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Long island
    If it were me I would be looking at the previous work. I think you answered the problem with your post.

I'd also consider finding a new shop before these guys dry up your bank account.

9. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Is the coolant temp sensor plugged in? That will definitely cause no power or boost.

It's an easy thing to miss if the front of the motor was off.

10. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
    I know things have been fired at you left and right. If (and that's a big IF) the shop is good with changing settings you could have them change the trim codes on the injectors to the dyno codes and see if that changes the power and look for black smoke. If it does that then you can pretty much write off injectors being bad. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong but am pretty certain that would work.

11. spudman76

spudman76 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Idaho
    Alright everybody... just an update. Went ahead and replaced the injectors and did a rerate on the ecm. Truck is running great now and all the power is back and then some.

SAR, Kw Owners Club and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.