CAT MXS Intake Valve Actuator Help!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Don2WS, May 23, 2010.

1. cowboy rob

cowboy rob Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2012
    It's a 07 kw t600 cat c15 acert. Replaced acurator sensor n orange light went off. Red engine light still on n beeping. Took it to cat n showed no codes. Oil press. Normal. Oil temp 200. Water temp 180-200. everything seems to b fine running n sounding. I'm stumped

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    You probably need a KW dealer that has the ESA software. Your instruments are all multiplexed through the CECU, so there is probably a problem on the Paccar side of things.

4. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Arggg pulling my hair out .....cat c15 accert just got flash code 93 for iva 3 & 4 again ...3rd time in 4 months.
    1st time replaced 3 & 4.
    2nd time replaced 3 & 4 under warranty of 1st time PLUS new wire harness.

Now it's popped up again 3rd time. Going to take it back to the same shop as did the previous 2 x work but wondered if anyone had any other ideas what might be making these 2 keep going bad???? They said the 2nd time it was probably faulty new iva's.

I've read thru the previous posts here and made them check all the nuts bolts bits pieces last time in the hope of it being the last time and why I also put on the new harness since it's a 2006 kw w900l.
    Thanks in advance - an exasperated lady trucker;)

5. maggard359

maggard359 Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Florida
    Did you replace ecm to rocker harness or just the rocker harness? It sounds like you having a wiring issue.

EWV Thanks this.
  6. GrapeApe

Jan 7, 2013
    Do you know the actual fault code or only the flash code? If you're getting a low current fault, it's an electrical problem. If it's a not responding fault, then it's a mechanical problem and I'd be looking really close for a cracked IVA housing.

EWV and maggard359 Thank this.
  7. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I will get the paperwork out and check as I'm not sure to be honest altho I think maybe just the rocker harness

8. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Ok thanks that helps...I will get them to put the computer on and tell me...I only have the flash code

9. GrapeApe

Jan 7, 2013
    It it has an FMI of 07, that's a "Not Responding" fault. It could be as simple as an adjustment, but since they just changed the solenoids, if they did it correctly, they should have checked the adjustment. Cat did upgrade the housings due to them cracking, they crack at the ends by the IVA solenoids and it's very hard to see, so you have to look really close. I've changed a lot of cracked housings. FMI 07 could also be an oil pressure problem to that housing, like from bad o-rings in the oil bridge, they should pull the valve cover and run it checking for oil leaks around the housing.

The other popular FMI on those is 05, which is "Low current". That's either the solenoid itself, which were replaced twice, so I'd assume a wiring/connection issue.

EWV Thanks this.
  10. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Thanks I really appreciate it. I'm off for a couple days and going to get it in the shop mid / end of the week so will.put an update then

11. gonzo01

gonzo01 Light Load Member

Jun 14, 2010
    denver, co
    You can just have them programed/turned off

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.