Cattle guards

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by beastr123, Dec 30, 2019.

1. beastr123

beastr123 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Moose Jaw SK CAN
    I found this on Facebook and even if it is only partly true it is a great read.

You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet. For those of you who don't know , cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails. A few months ago, Prime Minister Trudeau, received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba . The ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Minister of the Agriculture to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately! Before the Ministers of Agriculture could respond and presumably try to straighten Prime Minister Trudeau out on the matter, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland intervene with a request that...before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining. 'Times are hard,' said Chrystia Freeland it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families be given six months of retraining! ' And these two people are running our country, Passed on to you without further comment... I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING - - - - OH LORD HELP US!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok thats great. Really good. Ty for sharing.

D.Tibbitt and Coffey Thank this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    ####. That honestly doesn't even suprise me.

5. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sask
    That joke has been around and recirculated with the current political leaders names inserted for years and years.....in Canada and USA.

D.Tibbitt and daf105paccar Thank this.
  6. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    The sad part is if theses elected people are so dumb, how dumb are those that vote them into office? :blackeye:

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    D.Tibbitt and booley Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Shows just how little we really think of the clown that runs our country. I am actually more shocked that it isn't true believe it or not.

9. beastr123

beastr123 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Moose Jaw SK CAN
    Please note the first couple lines of my post:
    "I found this on Facebook and even if it is only partly true it is a great read.You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet"
    This was posted as entertainment not as fact, I knew it was only a joke with a Canadian twist I thought my fellow Canadians would enjoy it.
    the fact that you decided that it was wrong makes me believe you might be that one voter who voted Liberal in Saskatchewan.

Isafarmboy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sask
    I never said it was wrong, just that it's been around for a while, poking fun at whoever happened to be the leaders at the time........I'm sure we'll see it again with different names many more times in the years to come.

And.......ummmm, no.

Isafarmboy, beastr123 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.