Caught on camera

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Woodchuck88, Jun 5, 2018.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Hahahaha!! I don't leave Ohio, man. Can't help 'em much~!!! ;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    My engine has shut down at scale entrance. Better to look like a fool and fix your paperwork before proven a fool

4. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    81 south New York

BigBob410 and Big_D409 Thank this.
  5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Maybe his wife called at literally THE MOST inopportune time, and since she'd been nagging him about ignoring her, he figured he'd catch more hell from her when he got home for not answering than he would from the DOT for parking on the ramp momentarily...and you know better than to roll through the coops talking on the phone!

Could be a million different reasons, and while I don't know if there's more to the story (didn't click on any links or even look for one in the OP), I doubt the news crew made any attempt to talk to the driver before painting him in the worst light possible.

Blackshack46, Hurst, TripleSix and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Maybe he had to pee and didnt want to risk soiling his pants with an officer present?

And agree,... foolish to head out on the road and get that close to an open scale with out your logs up to date. I used to have a postit note on the dash of my Columbia that I wrote in sharpie,.. Log Book Good?

I got caught in TN with my pants down once. Vowed to never let that happen again. It was dumb really. I had just emptied 40 miles from a shipper I was heading to. I took a 2 hour nap where I had dropped off at. Woke and forgot to update my book and headed out to my next load. The place I was going did not have a sign out and the GPS showed the address on the opposite side of the road. So I went into the office of the wrong place,.. they said I needed to be across the street. I jumped in the truck and did not put my seat belt on. Tennessee trooper saw me drive across the street with no seat belt and pulled in behind me at the shipper. First thing he asked for was my log book,.. go figure.

Hurst

dan31186 Thanks this.
  7. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

LOL

Mine likes to call just before a shipper or receiver. And not answering the phone is the worst possible thing to do.

Hurst

8. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    If wife calls everything stops. All married men know that and it is an acceptable answer on why you are ####ing up traffic.

ncmickey, deathB4decaf and Big_D409 Thank this.
  9. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    As a wife, I feel compelled to chime in here and say WTF? If my husband doesn't answer, I assume he's.... You know, working! He'll call back when he's not working and life goes on. If it's an actual life and death emergency, I will call back and leave a message. But I just don't understand these girls who expect an Instant response from a partner who is on the job.

MBAngel, Big_D409 and ZVar Thank this.
  10. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    It's called insecurity. LOL

Big_D409 and ZVar Thank this.
  11. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    It's called humor.

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.