Cb antenna

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by bojangles1953, Feb 15, 2017.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well if you mean electrical ground(direct to battery or chassie)if your talking ground plane then thats different..Perso ally i dont like those perches..I preferr something stronger with atleast 2 bolt connection..
    If you wanna find out how good your connection for ground for ant use an ohm meter and test it to see if you have an issue before you start maken changes..
    Ant ground is ground plane which is the metal under the ant not an electrical power kinda thing....Running a wire from ant to chassie doesnt really help other than for static discharge and other stuff i dont know yet..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bojangles1953

bojangles1953 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2017
  4. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Boj..chk out k0bg.com
    Tons of valueable info..

5. bojangles1953

bojangles1953 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2017
    I know some of you will say cb antenna matcher doesn't work. But I've used them for years. Even ham operators uses them. My maco91 has finally worn out. Does anyone know where I may find a Maco91 matcher? Thank you for taking time to read this!

6. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    A matcher just fools the radio to some degree doesnt it??
    Never used one so i dont know..

7. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

That's a pretty much it.. There's always some power loss when using a matchbox/tuner. Here's a full technical explanation for anyone who wants to delve into the topic further.

http://www.dj0ip.de/antenna-matchboxes/matchbox-or-ant-tuner/

Hey, Craig. Did you get your 447 installed yet?

8. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Not yet..was working on a mount when i was jome but it was also my treatment week so i didnt really have much desire to do alot..It kinda bums me out for a cpl days..
    I picked up some lexicon for the wmpty space in my slideing rear window..Ill be drilling a hole with a rubber grommet into the lexicon so i can run my coax out instead of running it under the truck..Have a temp dash mount made but i gotta round off some corners and paint..Then just run the coax /power up through my dash to the radio..
    Basically how ill be mounting it.. orca-image-1487790568152.jpg_1487790568431.jpeg orca-image-1487790568152.jpg_1487790568431.jpeg

9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Sorry for the dbl post.No bracket on there yet either..

10. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

Looks good. That's where mine is going in the Cherokee. There's a storage compartment with a lid on top of the dash and I'm pretty sure I can screw the bracket into that. Gonna' have to wait a bit though. I'm going in for back surgery tomorrow.

11. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Seems the heat sync is not all that so carefull of heating it up when you put it in a cubby hole...Maybe super glue a small computer fan on its own switch to keep it cool when jibber jabberin alot..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.