CB/GMRS Interference?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Windmill Hill, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Windmill Hill

Windmill Hill Light Load Member

May 26, 2019
    Central Indiana
    Would there be any problems as far as interference if I mount my GMRS unit beside my CB? The GMRS is a Midland MXT115/15 watt unit.
    1559648042819732989309379249336.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I dont know personally but i watched a vid on ext speakers for radios and a fella in a jeep had a few different radios (such as your set up)all packed in together..No mention of interference....

Windmill Hill Thanks this.
  4. Windmill Hill

May 26, 2019
    Central Indiana
    Yeah, I was planning on plugging the GMRS into the same external that I have whether I mount it there or not. That might just take care of any interference.

5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Two radios useing same speaker you mean with splitter of sorts??
    If so your also getting into an ohms issue....Tryin to think of the term that stereo guys would use...
    Now im just guessing again but signal from one radio going into another via an ext speaker out put may have some issue...It may not but the radio guys here that know wayyy more than me will confirm soon..

6. Windmill Hill

May 26, 2019
    Central Indiana
    I've changed my mind on having them run together...with both of them chattering at the same time on my way home, it was nice to be able to decipher which was which (GMRS in front and CB behind me). And so far no problems.

7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Yeah i would run seperate ext speakers and have them positioned differently so it would be easier to define which is talkin to you..

8. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Again i dont have that experience so what i comment on doesnt hold any real weight....
    Seperate systems must work cause its in aircraft,fire dept,police ect so they can be set up but its the set up itself that decides that i would assume..
    Seperate ant,power supply wires and ext speaker and i think you should be ok...I doubt different rf bands affect one another..

9. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    There shouldn’t be any interference between the two radios. The cb radio operates on the HF 27MHZ band, and the Midland operates on the UHF 460MHZ band. Plus they are both low power, unless you’re using an amplifier.

10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    No there will not be any problems.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.