cb handle

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by tkr2hrt, Jul 6, 2007.

1. SoundStream

SoundStream Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Gettysburg, PA
    I go by SoundStream, DX'ing 947 South Central PA. Nice to Meet you all 73's I'm out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phalk1

Phalk1 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    thinktank My ex gave it to me. Always thinking about something (usually money) and im a big guy 6'2" 200+ so Tank came to that wonderful mindof hers!:biggrin_25523:.

4. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Being old as dirt, I have gone thru quite a few in my time as well. When I was a teenager, we all had CB's in our cars & my brother & I were no exception. He was Sugar Bear & I was Sugar Fox (who was always steaing the Sugar Bears Super Sugar Crisp ceral). Later, I was Captain Crunch.
    A few years ago, having some rough times in my life, I was grumpy all the time & I thought that was more appropriate for my personality. So, I am "Grumpy", one of Snow White's seven dwarf's.
    I am not (normally) as grumpy now.....

orion3814 Thanks this.
  5. Cledus Maggard

Cledus Maggard Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    mine is

"barbecued sheep dip"

6. ARIZONA BONES

ARIZONA BONES Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2010
    spokane,wa
    Arizona Bones...... 'cause i'm a skinny guy from the desert.

7. brianharrison

brianharrison Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2010
    st augustine,fl
    ive always went by gasman, when i got my first radio i was hauling propane and everybody called me gasman and it kinda stuck.......

8. Spottedbear

Spottedbear Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Lilburn Georgia
    I am an old CB junky. Been on the band since 1963, but not much in recent years. One reason I am on is to see what would be a good mobile radio to replace a defective one in my P/U so I can get back on the air.

If any of you out there are as old as I am, you may have gotten one of my QSL cards back in the 60's. KFJ 1830 Spotted Bear, Hungry Horse, Montana.

That would really date you. Spottedbear:biggrin_25519:

9. deathrider

deathrider Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Virginia
    I go by Deathrider, pretty much always have, was playing with my dads CB in the 70's then when I got my license I drove too fast, street raced cars & bikes, so people knicknamed me deathrider & it stuck. plus I used to have skulls all over my motorcycle as well as my car. so why not. lol

Randy

10. NitroMadness

NitroMadness Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Acushnet, MA
    My handle is Nitro Madness. I love NHRA racing and the smell of Nitro Methane in the air at an event is stimulating! LOL! Anyway years ago I also went by Rice Burner (for the crotch rockets I had and drove) and also Death Angel (for the metal band). Yup that is about it for me...

11. BigRigBamaTrucker

BigRigBamaTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Prattville,Alabama
    Mine is "DoubleDuece"

In '03 my unit deployed to Kuwait, we then convoyed our equipment (it was a mobile radar unit) to Baghdad, Iraq. A group of us wanted to be able to communicate with each other, OTHER than with the radio equipment that we were issued, so we all bought CB's before we left, got over there, found out who was driving what....well i happened to get stuck with a fuel truck...1200 gal. of JP8(aka diesel) and a trailer with the same, well the military truck is called a "duece and a half" because its considered a 2 1/2 ton truck...the bigger ones are called 5 tons...
    Well another 2 1/2 ton truck broke down, so i ended up giving my trailer to someone else that could run faster, as i got stuck towing the truck......so i was dubbed doubleduece....been with me ever since.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.