CB Power Amp Punks

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by bbmyls2go, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Sejodiren

Sejodiren Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    It's because of people like YOU that America is such an effed up place. Sure, you have freedom to talk on your radio and I won't deny you that. But when your overpowered radio starts to infringe on my FREEDOM to listen to my radio/TV/CB without interference then you are abusing your rights and abusing MY freedom!

Tb0n3, roshea, mot480 and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kaonix

Kaonix Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2008
    In my, Truck
    So, what you're saying is that because you wanna watch the price is right, everyone should shut up and go to bed? I should stop trying to get directions or trying to find out if the showers in the particular truck stop I'm at are clean because you wanna watch a re-run of Seinfeld? Get over yourself. There are things about trucking that will never change. You getting your T.V. interrupted by a c.b. is one of them. You cut one guys coax and there will be 5 more to replace them. You don't use your CB that much, fine. Your choice. I use mine for what it's for communicating with other drivers. If you look at your T.V. manual, somewhere in the back, it says "Must recieve any interference" Not my fault. When I don't wanna be hassled with a truck stop and the inherent problems therein, I park at a rest area or an out of the way restaraunt because I know there will be yahoos in the truckstop blasting their linears. Look, a response that didn't insult you. And I'm the "effed" up one ruining america. Enjoy "The View".

southtx Thanks this.
  4. Sejodiren

Sejodiren Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    I can presume that you don't run a linear from your response so my apologies to you. I wasn't trying to insult you. My response was directed to the yahoos. A nonpowered CB may interfere with a truck or two....not the whole truck stop. Why do those clowns have to turn up the power when they are parked? To pi$$ off everyone around them. That's why they do it! Oh, I don't watch Price is Right, Seinfeld, or the View. I prefer shows that show real people. Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Ice Road Truckers. The new show, Black Gold is pretty good too.

squirrellsgnwild Thanks this.
  5. Kaonix

Kaonix Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2008
    In my, Truck
    No, I don't run a power amp. My radio does put out some power but I certainly don't interrupt T.V. throughout the truckstop. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting here in Carlisle P.A. at the Petro and I KNOW for a FACT there are some big amps running out here tonite and my T.V. is working fine. I understand what your saying. But, like I said, ######## isn't ever gonna fix the problem. Some things in trucking will never change. The driver will always come last, and there will always be idiots on the radio. Best thing to do is find a way to overcome it. Which is why I suggested you find a more suitable place to park. No insult taken or given.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
    James j Thanks this.
  6. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    Actually, I think the point we're missing is professional courtesy. That's just me though.

roshea, squirrellsgnwild and mot480 Thank this.
  7. jash369

jash369 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    roslyn,pa
    That is wrong on so many levels.............:biggrin_2554:

roshea Thanks this.
  8. thetez

thetez Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2006
  9. Kaonix

Kaonix Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2008
    In my, Truck

OR, you could put the sentence BACK into its context and it doesn't sound so wrong. Please divulge the specific levels in which this is wrong (besides incorrect punctuation which was an oversight)? Professional Courtesy? No such thing anymore. I try. I hold the door for people who then walk through and don't bother to thank me. I USED to flash truckers over at nite who don't bother to use a turn signal, nonetheless blink a lite in thanx. There's your professional courtesy. I'm all for professional courtesy, but I'll be ###### if I'm gonna sit in my truck staring out the windshield by myself because I can't sleep and not talk to someone. My 2cents. And with that I'm back quiet. You guys see it one way, I see it another and I'll leave it at that.

10. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    Nobody is asking you to sit in your truck and not talk to anybody. That's a ridiculous notion. It's absolutely your right to talk on your CB, but it's not your right to infringe on another driver's off-duty activities in doing so. As for professional courtesy, I will always extend it; even if not reciprocated. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Tb0n3, roshea and squirrellsgnwild Thank this.
  11. woofless

woofless Light Load Member

May 24, 2008
    Armour, SD

Hmmm....have you ever been to the Bordentown Petro on a Sunday? Or to the TA east of Seattle at any time after 3 PM? LOL....no, we don't ALWAYS have the "freedom" to find another parking spot...and it's those crowded, big truckstops that always seem to have the highest concentration of idiots on the radio. If I've got a Monday morning delivery in Seattle and I manage to find a spot in the North Bend TA on Sunday afternoon, I'm feeling so freaking lucky I may just go buy a Powerball ticket to see what happens.

And I'm not personally complaining about anyone on his "stock Cobra 29"....my husband's got a big radio with some decent power output and his doesn't even interfere with the TV in the truck....nor does anyone with a "normal" radio sitting nearby. I can look out my window and see people next door or 2 trucks over talking all the time, and not get a blip on the TV screen. Most radios will *not* cause noticeable interference with the electronics on my truck.

It's the idiots who've got linears large enough to cause a drop in sperm count....who think they've got to push 1,000 watts out of their radio all day and all night, just to antagonize the truckstop. I don't think most of us are complaining about someone having a conversation or asking for directions....it's the SHUT UP STUPID's and the "ain't got no panties on" mentality folks.... who think it's funny to say stupid stuff, get everyone all riled up, then flip on their linears and "walk" on everyone else.

With freedom also comes personal responsibility....drivers used to use their "freedom of speech" a little more responsibly than they do today. I think that's all anyone was trying to say.

roshea and Danfromwindsor Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.