CB Power Amp Punks

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by bbmyls2go, Aug 7, 2007.

1. jash369

jash369 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    roslyn,pa
    I did take this aspect in correct context.
    Understanding your point, I still disagree with the opinion of moving to another spot to park.............As mentioned above that is not always an option........
    I do applaud you for maintaining a professional attitude towards your career. I attempt to instill this into my students for driving with courtesy towards others. You are also correct that too many others are not being courteous in return. I only hope that if enough people continue to act professionally that in time more will respect others.
    On a couple of occassions I have and have heard others ask people to turn them down and in a few situations it has worked. Not all people running power are total a--------
    Well...............just another day as a truck driver...........Every career/job has a-------- that show off some aspect of themselves because of over compensation. This is unfortunately a part of life and we have to deal with as best as possible..............

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CURTWAYNE

CURTWAYNE Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    LITTLE ROCK, AR
    It's a shame we can't get along any better than that. I find the people who use the "I bought it, and I'm going to use it" phrase to be self centered. Only care about themselves.

roshea Thanks this.
  4. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    I tried to use that justification for my taser, it didn't work.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  5. kd5drx

kd5drx <strong>Master of Electronic Communications</stron

Nov 28, 2006
    Some where USA
    Actually its not the power they run so much as the lack of filtering and the over modulated radios they run that causes the problems. I have set in the middle of a truck stop and run full legal limit out of my Ham radios and talked to friends all over the world and never bothered my own tv much less some one else's. If it is run properly the power will not interfere with anything. Its mainly the cheap design of the splatter box radio and amplifiers these guys buy and use that causes the problems. So if they would stick to legal radios and if they want to run power invest in the right kind of amps instead of the cheap splatter boxes they wouldn't bother any one else but i forgot thats there intention to cause as much trouble as they can to draw attention to them selfs.

roshea and squirrellsgnwild Thank this.
  6. jash369

jash369 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    roslyn,pa
    ROFLMAO.................:biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:

Darn shame it doesn't work huh................hahaha

7. gettinpaid

gettinpaid Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2006
    Which are th right kind of amps?

8. Kaonix

Kaonix Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2008
    In my, Truck
    Most of the reason they DON'T run the proper amps is because most of the crap available out is is just that. CRAP.

roshea Thanks this.
  9. mattp

mattp Medium Load Member

May 26, 2011
    fr mass
    i understand its freedom do run w.e amp you want but its just common courtesy and respect for your fellow man to keep it down especially when you know ppl are trying to sleep

10. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    :biggrin_2556: What :biggrin_2556:

I guess I misread this as We have a freedom to run amps ........ :biggrin_25524:

11. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

YEA ......

And since there is no standard to build them too it will get no better ....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.