CB radio ban

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Licensed to kill, Sep 8, 2016.

1. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    Gina

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Freaking ban everything you crazy mapleleafs EH?!

That CB is a convoy uniter in bad filthy winter weather over the mountains, with always a handful who are nooblets in their first storm and require a steady eddie from the daddies inside the convoy with them as they do battle.

Fine wanna ban CB? Fine. Get onto the 5G technology and do it cell to cell, hand free all day long. Each local vehicle is it's own hotspot, tower and router all in one. Use that 5 to 10 million trucks along the interstates and in clusters around towns and cities to support a internet without ethernet structure.

You got freaking robot trucks delivering 50,000 cans of beer now automatically without a blessed human to distract inside of the #### things.

I like to hear the distracting phone calls that enrage your government when 10,000 robot trucks distract the Nation getting stuck in eff all everywhere and stops your economy.

4. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island

......................... and breathe ! ......................................

dngrous_dime, x1Heavy and not4hire Thank this.
  5. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Most of Canada doesn't use CB's anymore. Limited range. I'd rip mine out of my truck right now if I didn't need it for the states when the pilot doesn't have a vhf. The states is def behind with that.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    OK, If range is a problem we need to move or evolve from Analog signal to a digital one. Possibly a freq hopping spec to work around local interferences. But suspect that will be a can of worms because the Government only has a specific block of radio space to give away to the CB people which may not support digital what should make a radio capable of talking to someone a 100 miles away using repeaters or not.

When we were with Razorback, (Ready mix concrete) we had a digital radio link that covered several states in addition to our own, communications were monitored and restricted highly beause of what the license is and used for. I had no problem being part of the radio net in my day because the quality of the signal versus that of CB signal was pretty good.

Although my thoughts might be considered sedition because the Governments are so intent on destroying any ability of truckers to communicate with heavy fines levied on everyone caught doing so.

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  8. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Don't need to reinvent the wheel. Just start using VHF radios.

9. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    How do say " 'Break 1-9' on VHF ?? Wuzz the Chicken Koop Doin'? Wuzz a Chicken Koop ? Shut up, Stupid ! Any places to park on Party Row ?"

Sorry - Had to be done .... now read back the above with a Jeff Foxworthy redneck accent !!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.