Cb radio Power connection

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Williamgon, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Williamgon

Williamgon Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2009
    USA
    Hello, cb newbie here never had one and finally got one. I have a 2012 international durastar with the cb accommodation package. The cb pocket up in head board has the coaxial cable that fits perfectly and the power cord that has a male two pin connector that doesn't fix and needs an adapter. Does anyone know where I can buy this adapter? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CBtalker205

CBtalker205 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    If it were me I would just cut that connector off and wire in the power wire that goes to your radio, make sure to use a fused power wire though.

4. deerslayer1143

deerslayer1143 Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Dubuque, IA
    Your radio comes with a power connector. Depending on what your are running for a radio those stock wires up there are probably 16 gauge and you would be better off wiring direct to the fuse block. Otherwise like CBtalker said just cut that connector off and wire the power connector from your radio to them. It should be fused. Mine is fused in both wires. Either crimp a connector between them or be sure to tape them very well or both.

5. 2sN5s

2sN5s Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2009
    The Bronx NY
    Not being a smart ### but from any International dealer. But as mentioned above, you're best advised to wire your cb directly to the fuse block

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.