CDL Apprenticeship Program

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Rac1977, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Rac1977

Rac1977 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2020
    Hi everyone. I'm thinking of joining Schneider and trying to research a little. I was told, through a text, by a recruiter that I would be sent to Charlotte N.C.

Can one of you guys please give me the itinerary of the training? Like week to week plan, and how long till I get keys to my own truck.

I'm planning on going OTR to start or maybe southeast regional if possible since I live in Mississippi

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you are a new company driver you generally will be out with a trainer for a period of weeks usually.

If you are new Owner Operator, then you should already possess the keys anyway.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Is that the Military Apprenticeship Program?

5. Rac1977

Rac1977 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2020
    No sir. I need my cdl. Its a no contract 90$ a day paid training from what I understand.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Seems like a good deal.

7. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Week 1 and 2 at the OC doing classroom and behind the wheel training.

Week 3 and 4 spent with a trainer out on the road.

Week 5 back at the OC test out to get cdl.

I went thru the program to get my license so if you have any other questions let me know. I can give lots of details if you need, but ufc is on so I just have ya a quick outline.

8. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Hazmat Cat you went through this training? There's got to be a catch somewhere doesn't there? A no contract paid training from Schneider doesn't seem right. If so do they offer it only in Charlotte? Is it for van only or tanker as well? If you go through the training and wind up leaving if it doesn't work out you owe them nothing?

9. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Yes, I went through it.

I don’t know what you would consider a catch, it’s a training program that helps you get your CDL. I guess the catch would be that since Schneider has all automatic trucks, you will have an auto restriction on your license. I didn’t throw a big fuss about it like I see people do on here. I wanted that license.

Yes, they pay you cause they want you to work for them afterwards, but there is no contract or non-compete. They hope you’ll like what they have to offer.

The training is not just offered in Charlotte, I attended training in Indianapolis. I believe it’s IN, NC, and TX. Your location matters. I was only 60 miles away from the OC, they told me the cut off was 75 miles, but it depends on the accounts they need filled too.

Tanker is available but additional training is needed/provided for that after you get the CDL.

If you leave, You don’t owe anything because there is no cost. You would be wasting your time if you did that though.

You have to show up with your class A permit. I think that answered your questions.

10. Rac1977

Rac1977 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2020
    Ok, after talking to a recruiter they have shut the program down within the last week or so. Talk about bad timing eh??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.