Cdl Disqualified having issues getting hired !

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by samcro0824, Dec 2, 2019.

1. samcro0824

samcro0824 Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Last time I was in a truck was January 2018 and I received no letters at all . My license is valid and so is my Cert I just spent 230$ to get everything cleared including a mvr report pulled.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if i recall, i was notified at least of the importance of needing to keep up with my DOT. after that, no other notices were sent. i think reason being, my license here (either an operators or CDL) last 5 years, the DOT is every 2 years. other than that, i cannot explain why my state does not send out notices the DOT is due.

4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    you haven't driven in almost 2 yrs. that may be a problem also.

BigDog Trucker and starmac Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That says you are suspended 5 more months from date of that message at least. Now and into the future.

Some accident you had there lol.

Thats going to happen with a downgrade or failure to keep DOT medical current and valid. A defense would be to swear out a single page oath paper tying your CDL to Tier Two which means you can keep it grandfathered without a Med card but no Interstate or Intrastate work and several very narrow limited trucking related such as hauling dead bodies after nuclear attack somewhere. (As explained to me by my state)

If you are suspended something else is going on. If states suspended instead of downgrading for simple DOT medical expiry then half the nation would not be valid.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Could very well be. That stuff has to be eradicated from the insurance and industry at large. It's unnecessary. I haven't driven OTR for oh.. 18 years give or take, but only need a hour or two to settle in one fast enough. Fortunately I have two possibilities open in my lifetime to get right back into it.

Numb Thanks this.
  7. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    • Not having one full year of experience in the last two years may be a red flag . You may have to do a refresher course with some carriers.
    • You should pull your DAC report and check to make sure it is accurate
    • You should also get a copy of your PSP report (Pre Employment Screening) it will show all of your Roadside Inspections for the last 3 years
    • Check your DMV/MVA as to why you did not get warning letters of an impending license downgrade
    • Mark your calendar for one month notification before your current DOT card expires

8. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Pretty clean record??
    What all is on there besides the accident?

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  9. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    I know of a couple of companies that just went to 2 yrs driving out of last 3 yrs.

10. samcro0824

samcro0824 Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I’m still getting denied this doesn’t make any sense.

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    can you quite possibly see some supervisor at the DMV and explain your situation regarding the suspension, and maybe ask as politely as you can, for him (or her) to get up a letter on DMV letterhead, explaining that the suspension was only for an expired DOT card..???

if not, do you have a lawyer that you can ask to do the same thing, only of course, their time is MONEY, many times (in the past) it would cost me $25 to $50 for a letter from my lawyer for whatever i needed....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.