CDL Loans is it as illegal as it seems?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Truckdrivingtrailerpuller, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    If you are a driver, go get a green book of regs and read the hos art a few times.

Hos is not bankable

A cdl is an exclusive license and has nothing to do with a eld.

WitchingHour and rbrtwbstr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I never listen to anything a person in a lease purchase has to say because clearly their thought processes are a little slow and they don’t have the best judgement.

4. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Well I think if another driver told him it must be true. I know truckdrivers do not lie.

5. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    No way in hell is that legal. If I'm reading this right and understanding it, (I just woke up), you're saying you're essentially using someone else's eld profile and driving under their hours? That's the same as filling out a paper log in someone else's name.

The last place I worked had Elogs, before they we're mandated. There was a lot of slip seating in that place. Everyone had their own Elog login and password. So each day, the guys slip seating had to log in to the system at the beginning of the day, and log out at the end. One guy forgot to log out on a Friday. Saturday another clown jumps in the truck, sees the last guy still logged in with a fresh 14, uses his profile, and runs. Meanwhile, the guy that's still logged in from Friday isn't getting a 34 reset. Both were fired.

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    You have to log all on duty time. you can't legally go do any work, driving or not, without logging it. It's fine if you have the hours left to do it.

You can't go drive for Uber on the weekend during a 34 reset. Legally it should eat your on-duty/70.

7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Lol... true.

8. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I used to call myself GHOST RIDER when I ran on my 3rd book way back when I was a dirty dawg outlaw trucker.
    So, technically, I was running on his HOS.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That was my first thought; the old shell game. That won't work with CDL's though.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No no no someone is hurting from the weak sauce at the lunch counter.

The closest lawful scenario you describe would be to have one logbook for one company dispatching you in one tractor trailer all in there on paper.

Then later in the day you drive to job number two, and carry your logs from job one and begin your day in the second truck with that employers information and log number two.

Nobody does that.

God help you if you ever got caught with a load of something that is not properly brokered or otherwise contracted etc to the carrier that owns your tractor trailer with you as the company driver. Let's say that I just unloaded that Tile load today, someone comes running up the street before I have a chance to leave for home waving 2000 dollars to stuff into my pocket if I can just pick up his furnature in secret and move it to the other end of the state right quick.

If the company knows nothing about it and something happens... Guess what. Im it. It would be beyond the ability of this forum to list all the different deaths by a thousand cuts they would have done to me if I did something like that.

Finally but not last.

We do have money loaned to you for schooling in exchange for indentured labor for a year. Under the 13th amendment since you signed that contract or promissory note with hiring company of free will, it's not slavery.

The rest of it is lunch counter.

It's amazing what stories come out when someone is off the sauce long enough to invent one.

11. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  12. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Cottonmouth85 and IluvCATS Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.