CDL Test in Texas

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by cfoxworth, Aug 21, 2019.

1. cfoxworth

cfoxworth Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I recently took the pre-trip test in Texas and failed on the coupling devises. I will be taking the test again soon and was wondering if anyone has failed the first time and taken it again and if so do they test you on the same part of truck or do you draw a new card? I have heard different answers on this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    You will have to draw a new card. It could be any part of the truck, or the whole thing.

I didn't fail but that's what they told me in class. I drew the trailer end. Somehow I got all those stupid rear light names right. The only thing I missed was the mud flaps, and that was only because I was trying to remember all the rear lights.

Don't ask me for the names of all those lights anymore. I don't remember. All I know now is if a light goes out it's not working.

O.Henry Thanks this.
  4. Buckmaster1981

Buckmaster1981 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I always thought they just handed out CDLs in Texas! It seems that way anyways with all the terrible drivers out there

5. REEFERman450

REEFERman450 Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
    you have Texas mixed up with South Florida.

6. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Just had to do air brake test myself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.