CDL Training @ TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by RCrollin75, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Funny story...One time I came in for service and asked for a room. When I entered the room the dude had all his stuff on my bed. He moved it and I went to take a shower. When I came out the dude was moved out. I wonder if he is still with TMC?

4. Bloodyglove

Bloodyglove Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2016
    KNOXVILLE, TN
    Question..Looks like I might be getting hired on for cdl school.. Committee is looking over my app. Whats the food provided like? also what kind of shoe required? Steel toe? Flashlight? Twic card or passport absoulutely needed? What essentials besides clothing and jackets, cell phone charger, pen, paper? What to bring..Also once you get your truck...does it come with a ladder or must i purchase one on my own.. lol and how do you suggest me experimenting with my light fear of heights. lol. I'm not scared of jumping off high dive at the pool of 14 ft.. because water below and because ladder is stable. But i am always nervous of ladders in general once I'm 6 feet up.?? whats up with that.

5. Jcremeans

Jcremeans Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2016
    We had chicken, meat loaf, spaghetti, mostly easy to cook meals. It is only two ladies cooking for us but they do a good job. Can't complain about a free meal.

One if the test you will have to do is you will have to walk up a ladder onto a storage crate. You will have to step off the ladder and walk to the edge. You will look down at the instructor and give him a thumps up and then walk down again. The fact that we tarp a ton and you could be walking on top of your load. They need to know you can handle it.
    What to bring is mainly up to you. If you are getting your CDL through TMC they will provide you with all of your meals. On Wednesday (if you want to or not) you will go to Walmart for thing you forgot. Sometime you can find someone that drove and they will take you too. Not only need to be worn during your securement and testing days which consists of about 3 days for the entire 3 weeks I was there. I didn't bring a flash light but I did use my phone a time or two for my pre trip stuff. Twic card and passport has the potential to get you better paying loads but from what I have heard they are not required.

6. Bloodyglove

Nov 27, 2016
    KNOXVILLE, TN
    I am off to training for CDL school at TMC on Monday Dec 26, 2017. 3 WEEK interview starting..lol the nerves

7. Trucky Mctruckface

Trucky Mctruckface Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2016
    Hey fellas, I am scheduled to be in Des Moines soon for a position with TMC. The offer they've given me almost seems too good to be true and I wanted to see if y'all agreed.
    I already have my CDL, I got it working in the oilfield. Used it to move equipment around and such but mostly drove a straight truck. I was laid off when the company went bankrupt this year.
    I tried to get a job with a small company a few months ago but didn't pass the driving test.
    I've been upfront with my recruiter from the first time I spoke with her about my lack of experience, the failed test, and having not driven at all in several years, every time I've spoken with a recruiter I've stressed I won't pass a driving test the first day.
    They said I'd be put on as a student but still get $100 a day during orientation and I wouldn't have a driving test when I got there.
    Whatcha think? Sorry for this wordy post.

8. Bloodyglove

Nov 27, 2016
    KNOXVILLE, TN
    You ll prob be orientation for 2 weeks then with a mentor for 2-4 weeks where you ll be coached and supervised then you ll go back to headquarters and given a driving test as they issue you a truck.

Trucky Mctruckface Thanks this.
  9. Trucky Mctruckface

Dec 17, 2016
    That's kind of what was stated, I am super excited to get up there and get this new life started. Might see you there bloody.

10. Bloodyglove

Nov 27, 2016
    KNOXVILLE, TN
    My background is poker player aka Car salesman... i make good money but my work drains my soul so here is a new career and I'm excited..driving on Monday th 26 for a 27th start. Knoxville Tn to Des Moine 883 miles. Currently earning about 50,000 a year give or take but I take huge swings.. 500 some weeks or 2600 some weeks. 2600 are rare lol. Making 2200 one month and the next earning 7000 is a pain in the ###. I want to make 5000/ month stable...Gross.. take 4000 home. I have a friend that works at TMC and I've seen his income because I've sold him cars. He earns about 65,000/year and been there 2 years at TMC

Trucky Mctruckface Thanks this.
  11. Trucky Mctruckface

Dec 17, 2016
    Man honestly I live in one of the poorest areas of one of the poorest states in the country and it's the experience and training that excites me more. The oilfield is too volitile of market and I'm greatful for an opportunity to work my butt off and get a fresh start. That said I won't complain about the money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.