Celadon Canada Drivers

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by MrMeaner, Aug 24, 2010.

1. MrMeaner

MrMeaner Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Just looking for some input from the Canadian drivers both Solo & Team who work for Celadon. Looking for your experiences both good and bad

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. labratrans

labratrans Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Its the company that has no respect for you as an employee(contractor).
    The dispatchers in Canada are not the decision-makers, they are just conveyors of what's being handed down to them from Indianapolis, so if you are ever in need of anything the broken phone will not get you very far.
    Prepared to be on the road for a long time with no hometime if you want to make any money, prepare to wait for reloads for days.
    Also, they don't pay PC Miler Practical like everybody else - they pay shortest, which is already 10-12% off your paycheck.
    They also run a lot of mexican loads from Laredo to points in the US.
    It's a grey area under US law, so if you are ever in trouble with american authorities over this, the company will not help you.

4. MrMeaner

MrMeaner Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Thanks for the reply

It was my understanding that they do a lot of Laredo and you answered my top questions. I don't mind being out for weeks on end but it does bother me if I'm sitting out there waiting for a load back.

5. imtrucking2

imtrucking2 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2010
    St. Augustine Fl
    yes waiting in laredo can be roughet there after you and u have hrs to run and u still waite

6. labratrans

labratrans Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    What's more to it is, that -- after all that waiting -- you receive a load, look at the paperwork and realize, that the load has been sitting there for 2 days.

I'm not exagerating - it's more a rule than exception.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.