Celadon Experienced Driver Orientation

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by BoazTrucker, Feb 16, 2016.

1. BoazTrucker

BoazTrucker Light Load Member

May 3, 2013
    Northeast Alabama
    I have hired onto Osborn Trans. out of Gadsden, AL. They do both Celadon and Osborn orientations at this location. Orientations take place on Monday and Wednesdays

Here is the breakdown of your orientation:

Arrive the night before and call dispatch, they will come pick you up at the bus station, and take you to the hotel. At the hotel you will be given an option for dinner where you are provided a $10 card to get something to eat. The next morning, you will be picked up for an 8 am start time. At this time someone will come out in the "training room" and collect your DL SSC and medical. They also take your pic for your Comdata card. If your medical will expire in less than 6 months, you will take a new medical. You then load up in the van, and head to the drs office for DS and physicals. Pretty basic stuff no worry of sleep apnea, or other crap.

Road tests are given between day one and two, he will come get a couple drivers and take them out...

You will spend a good portion of the day waiting on that, my class had 7 as well as the Quality Drivers students that were there before us. We arrived back at the terminal around 11:30 and were given a menu to choose for lunch. It is Wal-Mart plate lunches, you can pick a salad or a meat and 2 veggies. Then as lunch is being picked up you begin the long drawn out process of computer assignments. This includes 14 Celadon training modules, that each roughly take 20-40 mins. They have a quiz attached to the back end of them. When you have completed with that, you then start on Pro-Tread videos. These are very lengthy, and they can range anywhere between 20 mins and 3 hours, including the Haz Mat training, even if you do not have the endorsement. When you have completed that (you will have an option to work on the pro-tread at the hotel on your tablet or laptop, which I suggest to help you get done faster) you will complete the onboarding paperwork (tax forms, accident, past 7 day recap, direct deposit forms) This will take you to the end of day two. By day three, they may still be waiting for your drug screen results, and to put you into hired status. Safety will come in and speak with you sometime during the morning, to pass around the haz mat books, log books, ect. They will also speak with you about the points system, and things that can get you terminated i.e. no hands free, careless driving tickets ect.

When in hired status you will be given your fuel card, meet your dispatcher, and assigned your truck, (if you are on the Osborn side this all comes down from Indy, so be prepared to wait while they finalize everything)

Since I live near the terminal, I have a chance to take the truck home before I am dispatched, but they will route you through the house to get settled in.

Thats about it, its really all just computer training, not much interaction with office personnel.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Sounds pretty impersonal, but I can see how that might work for some drivers.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  4. BoazTrucker

BoazTrucker Light Load Member

May 3, 2013
    Northeast Alabama
    I am out, the Osborn terminal doesn't have their crap together, office personnel doesn't give a #### about drivers, and there is up to a weeks wait for a truck... Im going back to my local hometown carrier (not knight), I dont know I wasted 2.5 days on this crap.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.