Celadon on the ropes...

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by double yellow, May 3, 2017.

1. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago

Internal changes their are laying off lots of people, my DM position was eliminated. They had been with the company for several years. I've had three new DM this week. To me sounds like their firing the higher paying staff and bringing in cheat labor because the guy I got today doesn't even know what a 5th wheel is.

I also keep hearing that celadon has double the amount of trucks their responsible for. Don't even bother calling in the phones are screwed up.

That bank of America $250 million credit line reportly is supposed to hold them over for this month and June which is why I assume they having missed payroll yet.

Mike2633 and sealevel Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Goes without saying I guess but it sounds like a good time to have $500 in cash around for when the dreaded "please see cashier" appears on the fuel pump. That's the easy part. My question would be when to bail before a settlement doesn't show up. Might never get to that point but I know you think about it. Kind of a sad situation but it sure is interesting to watch it play out in real time.

Opus Thanks this.
  4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Kind of like trying to decide when would be the best time to leave the Titanic...
    For me it would be when I heard the word
    ."ICEBERG"

5. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    I will never forget working for circuit city and customers kept asking are you going out of business and we would have these weekly meetings with management telling us everything is good. We literally had signs hanging from celling saying 70 percent off everything must go.

Well a month later on a cold chilly
    December morning we showed up to work and the doors were locked.
    Had a hard time getting that last check and never been so proud to say im still living at home with my parents.

18fire_1490737827126_9058181_ver1.0.jpg

My plan is after I get loaded, stop at every truck stop along the highway causing me to pull into greenwood tuesday night lol
    Scan my bills in before 11:59.
    Take a day off to clean out the truck and well what do you know its Thursday (payday) and I'm 20mins from the terminal.

I'll just take a uber back to my hotel.

mjd4277, Mike2633, LoneCowboy and 3 others Thank this.
  6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Yep I would get out now before checks start bouncing/ direct deposit stops.
    That would be a rotten day especially if you had a banner week but had no idea if and when you would get paid.

Leave in the right way so if things turn around you'll be able to return if you choose.

Highway_Executive Thanks this.
  7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    48Packard Thanks this.
  8. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    They Blamed the owner operators but then the owner operators worked and sometimes never got paid. They stole Fsc also they dont have enough trailers to support o/o trucks I have a problem with Celadon's answer because they hurt a lot of everyday men/women with all the lies.

scottied67 and poppapump1332 Thank this.
  9. 18 wheels of fury

18 wheels of fury Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Houston
    does anyone know if this will affect the drivers who got a truck from Quality that work for other carriers

10. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Probably not: if they sell off that division, you will probably still have work thru whoever buys it and you contract will probably still be in force.. who knows? Personally, just keep on trucking until we start to see the chips fall a bit more..

11. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Wouldn't say that's a good advice. Better have a plan

18 wheels of fury Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.