Celadon on the ropes...

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by double yellow, May 3, 2017.

1. Kasper42

Kasper42 Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2016
    South Carolina
    Hope the best for all of you and good journeys ahead for the open road remember arrow trucking what they did to there drivers let's hope better for Celadon Christmas is almost here I don't see much of there equipment on the road now a days here and there for the most part keep trucking my friends

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You are confusing contractors with employees. Nobody forced that ridiculous 1k dollar a week lease purchase on them. They signed the dotted line. Nothing more pathetic than grown men crying they got taken advantage of.

ladr, sawmill and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Lol! I have been told this for months and months and so far I have seen progress towards our goal of reorganizing in order to getting back to the basics that we were when I first started with Celadon years ago..
    I’m not going to make any changes until I see a change in my personal circumstances. I have enough personal responsibility for myself to always have options to take care of myself in any event: family crisis; family emergency; personal emergency; or company failure..I will be fine; thanks for your concern...

ladr and driverdriver Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    There is zero similarity between what went on at arrow and what went on at celadon.

Do i think they are a good place to work? Of course not. I have never and will never work for them.

But that doesn't mean they are the next arrow either. The financial situation is completely different. Bank of America and Citigroup didn't give them half a billion dollars in funding last June out of the kindness of their hearts. They did it because they saw an opportunity to make money.

driverdriver, Lord Pablo and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  6. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    You work for Celedon you will not get a Golden Parachute. Greyhound or what a Plane Ticket. The owner of the company don’t sleep in the back of that TRUCK. I could have invested in a share that cost less than a Big Mac. I simply said they are a company that hire people and offer no chance of success long term. I bet the average Office,Driver,Mechanic,Warehouse worker wouldn’t be on Glassdoor talking about it’s culture.If it was a great company. Recruiter

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  7. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    They seen a opportunity to acquire the assets and liquidate the subsidies and sell Celadon.

8. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    What company gives any driver a Golden Parachute? Lol.. u r funny.. Recruiter? I don’t think so. Company driver? Yes.. Many years with Celadon; Many years on this forum..

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You should have bought that share. I bought over 17k shares this spring@ 1.56 a share. Last month i sold and made 80 grand on the deal. 80 grand for making a phone call. God bless capitalism and those who panic at every so called financial experts report.

10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    they didn't acquire any assets. They gave a loan. A loan that is currently being paid back on time.

Bean Jr. and laaylor Thank this.
  11. laaylor

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Lol! Way to go! I told everyone who was saying for me to jump ship: nope; not yet..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.