Celadon on the ropes...

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by double yellow, May 3, 2017.

1. The Kraut

The Kraut Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    Check Greater Omaha Express, we definitely hire in that area.
    We have lots of loads going there.
    Not sure what you're looking for, OTR or regional?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    im OTR now but doesn't matter to me.
    Thanks.

4. The Kraut

The Kraut Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    Chicago area is home weekly, but if you want OTR no problem.
    If you're interested, call GO Express and ask for Jerrod, that's the recruiter.
    You will be surprised, not the usual recruiter ;)

Highway_Executive Thanks this.
  5. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    All quality trucks shall be returned?

6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Pretty sure they will have Quality incorporated separately and isolated from Celedon. Quality supplies trucks for a lot of other companies. That would be the business failure of the century for this industry if they all went down because of this.

7. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I went through orientation at Eagle Logistics a year and a half ago. Eagle was a closely held spin-off of Celedon. Every driver I met back then was complaining about exactly those issues. And you can add to your list that the drivers got no fuel discount, even though their fuel cards only worked at certain locations - meaning the company was in a fuel discount program.

8. Highway_Executive

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4060487-celadon-group-story-ends-chapter-11

im still reading here and looking at other sources.....

Someone earlier said it celedon's own ponzi scheme which sounds about right.
    Furthermore I stand corrected from my previous post, guess quality does not own any assets anymore. Sold all of them to "element" for access to quick liquid capital giving them the impression they would make 4x their investment; but once Element started to notice the lease payment were not where they should be they refused to buy anymore new trucks from quality....They created a Company called 19th capital and sold those fake assets to new investors based off false financials statements and so on. I hope a lot of people go to prison.

drvrtech77 and tow614 Thank this.
  9. Highway_Executive

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    yeah I stopped using their fuel card months ago when I notice i could save .40 by just going to the mom and pop truck stops. When I was using it I wouldn't seeing a lot of saving. Maybe $10 back at the end of the week. They actually called and wanted to know how I was fueling the truck and telling me I should start back using their card again but only at the flying J I so I cant get two discounts. The cash price but the rebate.

10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I went through their crap orientation on Sept 2015. They talked up the program so much like it was the cream of the crop. Their restrictions on allowing us to book loads with brokers that they didn't have a carrier packet on file with was rediculous. Then there's the fact that they repeatedly allowed drivers to book loads and then not show up because they booked a better load

11. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    They are a fraud low life company that not only apparently lie to drivers but also investors. They have shown flagrant disrespect for anyone who wants to partner with them. That explain the buyouts of other carriers they acquired rapidly they were in trouble. Quality would be a great option if they became a true leasing co without collusion with companies.

Bean Jr. and Highway_Executive Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.