Cell phone ticket

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DesiTrucker, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    According to the state patrol , not using my turn signal when he said I passed a car.
    This only came up when he originally pulled me over for what he thought was an overloaded grain wagon with ice hanging all over it.

EuropeanTrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Oh yea they like to pick on grain trailers especially covered in ice, they look at you strange when you're 4k under what you could legally be.

4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Consider yourself lucky the prick didn’t hammer you with an unsecured load ticket for the ice.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Or make him chip the ice off. Those of us that have been on the road for years, know this does happen.

6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    True that

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    Every time I see a truck driver (which is all the time) merge on/off the freeway, change lanes, without using a turn signal (which is an OOS if one of them doesn't work) I think really its worth something like this happening because you aren't willing to do something as simple as pull a little lever.

8. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    I totally agree with you and can assure you that wasn't the situation in my case.

It was 5:00: am and snowing when he pulled me over. The first thing he asked for was my scale tickets. I told him I was pulling a bag load on my convertible trailer and only had 22 ton on. He then asked me for my log book. Again, everything was fine on my part.

After looking at everything and not being able to find anything wrong he came up with the turn signal issue. I could tell he was getting mad standing out in the cold and not finding anything wrong.

At first I thought he was going to write me a warning but he indeed wrote me a ticket which I paid by waiver. Only later did I find out that it fell into the serious moving violation category.
    Since I had already paid the ticket I found out it was almost impossible to fight it.

Lesson learned. My advice to anyone that gets a ticket is to make sure you know what category the ticket falls into before you pay the fine. It could save you a lot of grief later.

EuropeanTrucker Thanks this.
  9. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    In inclement weather I would have fought that or anything that would make the leo have to prove he saw it. Off topic but I didn't know people still used convertibles.

10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Don't see very many of them around, but I know of a few people who have them, they're not used all that often though.

TIMPTE 527 Thanks this.
  11. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    I’ve owned three. A Wilson , Timpte and my last was a Cornhusker.
    I just pull a dry van now. Friend bought a new Cornhusker two years ago and it was over 70k.

TIMPTE 527 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.