Central Freight Lines, Dallas?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by AshleyJ, Jul 12, 2015.

1. AshleyJ

AshleyJ Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Plano, TX
    I got offered a City Driver job at Central Freight Lines in Dallas. Does anyone have experience with them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coyote302

Coyote302 Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    LA(lower Alabama)
    If you are trying to break into LTL freight, it's an ok place to start. Don't spend your life there, just use it to move up to a position like Saia or ODFL.
    Also be aware that if you stay local for too long you will have to prove yourself all over again as an OTR driver.
    I spent 10 years OTR followed by 14 years LTL, and had to prove I could drive OTR again. Good luck.

AshleyJ Thanks this.
  4. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    I don't have ltl experience but having done a local job for two years I know city driving day after day after day can be soul crushing work.... even if it means getting home daily. Not to mention if you go looking for a new job some companies might not consider that local work as 'current experience'.

Just my .02

AshleyJ Thanks this.
  5. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    There's a person on here that did a everyday thread on here til he got banned. Sounded like a paycheck job. If your inexperienced I'd take it then your in the LTL industry. Change out down the road unless you love it there. Good luck.

6. AshleyJ

AshleyJ Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Plano, TX
    I have a few years over the road. I'm not going back since I just had a baby. YRC offered me a part time city driver dock worker job too. With that one I'm concerned about the crazy hours. Central is offering full-time with day hours

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.