Central Ref. oct 21

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tangerineGT, Oct 7, 2013.

1. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Just got off the phone everything looks good , and I should be on my way oct. 21st to GA .
    As long as I can't find all the things I need birth cir. And ss card witch I think I know where they are .:biggrin_25521:

So any pointers on there school and how things work is much appreciated ..

One thing that is gonna really suck is , I am going to miss my sons 7th birthday , but then again in this career it probably will not be the last one I miss . Hope he understands..........

Thanks all ..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Make sure your name on your license and SS card match exactly to the T. As in. If your license has your full middle name. Your SS card has to have your full middle name. Not just the initial. Good luck out there. And enjoy the ride from Conley to slc lol.

tangerineGT Thanks this.
  4. tangerineGT

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Yea , that's all good I only have a middle initial. Not a full name .

Yea she told me I was going to GA first . I was like what ? ?
    That's a hell of a ride ro Utah like some 20 hrs or so I think.. that should be a fun ride lmfao....

5. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    But after you get to SLC, the shuttle will pick you up on time. And the accomodations are quite luxurious.

6. tangerineGT

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    So its a 5 star hotel from what I hear .. oh well like I said before I am not going on vacation , so it is what it is . Besides , I will be living in a truck so better get close to small and tight spaces ...

7. NJ LADYTRUCKER

NJ LADYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2013
    East Orange, NJ
    Haha! You call those barracks that look like a jail cell luxurious @ West Valley? The good rooms come in the 2nd week when you get moved to the hotel. At least they have a bar and a pool in West Valley. At the Conley terminal, rooms look like cells too, and the only thing you can look forward to is walking to the bodega that sits right outside the terminal gates, small bar up the street, and the trips they have to WalMart on the shuttle!

8. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Ugh. That's an excuse for a shuttle. Luckily I made good friends with a guy who drove there. So I'd throw him a few bucks here and there and we always went to walmart. Grab something to eat.

I dont know know what the big deal is for the jail cells. I don't know about everyone else but I was only in them for 6 hours for sleep. I was either in the classroom. Or with people studying. Or me and a couple other guys were in slc causing trouble. I loved exploring that city on the train and busses.

9. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    I'm on my second week in the truck with my trainer...he is a cool guy.. but as far as the bus ride it was pure hell to me. But it was my motivation to make sure I passed everything to not have to be sent back on that bus to GA. Our Conley class stayed at the the comfort inn for 3 nights not sure if it was 5 star but pretty darn close really nice with indoor pool. Then we moved to Crystal inn which was 5 star I know. My class only stayed at the terminal in those jail cells for one night because everybody trainers were there that Sunday..good lock future driver its a good program and the best one to me after being accepted by all of the company training programs.

10. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Man, you guys got to stay at the Crystal Inn? That place is very nice. My trainer lives in SLC, so when he went home for a night, I paid out of pocket for a room at the crystal inn, i wasnt disappointed. The comfort inn, is that the one that shares a pocket with the country inn? Thats where I stayed, was the country inn during school.

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I would think either the trainer or the training department would have paid for your hotel room...

L84AD8 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.